PDA

View Full Version : Leg pain and ms

Pan9
12-03-11, 15:52
I'm really really scared I have ms- keep getting pain in my right leg on and off. Kind of aching and tightness...I'm freaking out cause it is back again today :( xx

KK77
12-03-11, 16:19
Why do you think it's MS, Pan? It could be many things, most probably muscular in nature.

MS would have far more serious symptoms than that, so try not to focus on it and it'll probably pass.

Pan9
12-03-11, 16:22
I don't know why I keep thinking that- presumably becuase it comes and goes. It really gets me down. Have just been lying on my bed all day resisting the urge to google :(

uk23
12-03-11, 20:56
I have burning in my arms and legs most days, I think its not eating enough and muscle tension.

edit: oh and don't forgot that sitting around (like quite a lot of us might do) makes it worse as the muscles are getting used).

Pan9
12-03-11, 20:59
Good point...I seem to do a lot more sitting around!! Also, I haven't really been eating :shrug:

shoegal
13-03-11, 02:05
Your symptoms don't sound at all like MS to me. Hope this helps. :flowers:

Pan9
13-03-11, 13:22
Fingers crossed. Thanks for the reassurance. Sometimes I manage to forget about it for a few minutes then the fear comes back...it is so awful xx

sandy40
13-03-11, 13:27
If you google MS the list of symptoms is endless so please dont do it..you dont have MS..i dont think you do anyway.x

Pan9
13-03-11, 13:29
Hey Sandy,

I already googled...weeks ago. That is probably how I got myself in this state in the first place. It was the worst thing I could have done, because now I'm attributing everything to ms. That is why I have told other people not to google. Wish I'd found this site first :weep:

Magic
13-03-11, 17:08
Hi Pan,This pain in your leg could be related to your back, or muscular. Have u ever been to your GP to put your mind at rest?

Pan9
13-03-11, 17:11
Hey,

Yeah I have, but only really mentioned the leg pain the last time I went. She is sending me for an MRI to put my mind at rest and have also been referred to a physio, who is sending me for an xray of my pelvis. Apparently I have hyper-mobile hip joints...whatever that means!!

So bizarre how things get out of hand- this all started because I had a bit of pelvic pain that dragged on without a diagnosis :(

x