PDA

View Full Version : Wasted a whole day in bed...

Pan9
12-03-11, 17:58
So, I've spent all day home alone and in bed, staring at the tv or my laptop. Feel like this is a waste of a life but can't seem to muster the motivation to do anything- just want to hide away. Scared I will feel like this forever :weep:

kah
12-03-11, 18:17
You won't feel like this forever, are you getting any help like CBT or counselling? It might make you feel better to be up and busy, just because it'll take your mind off worrying. Do you have a good book you could get lost in???

Pan9
12-03-11, 18:20
I have an appointment to see a health pyschologist in 3 weeks or so- on my birthday ironically. No good book at the minute but maybe that would be a good idea. I just can't believe the change that I have seen in myself in the last 4 months- how can things go downhill so quickly? :weep:

kah
12-03-11, 18:55
I have an appointment to see a health pyschologist in 3 weeks or so- on my birthday ironically. No good book at the minute but maybe that would be a good idea. I just can't believe the change that I have seen in myself in the last 4 months- how can things go downhill so quickly? :weep:

I know exactly what you mean. Mine's been a bit longer than that but I don't recognise myself anymore. I've had a sense of humour bypass :weep:. Every waking moment is filled with worry, not great when you have 2 small children to look after.

Hope the pyschologist helps.

K xx

Pan9
12-03-11, 19:01
Thanks for replying. Me 2. I'll let you know- maybe they can 're-train' my brain. I also have a referral to nuerologist because my doc said "the fear has become a big thing in my head now". Trying not to think about that at the mo. I haven't seen my friends in weeks- basically I'm avoiding them.

Still, I have made it out of bed :)

kah
12-03-11, 19:13
That's a start :)
I was thinking of hypnotherapy, may sound daft but they re-train your brain don't they? I getting desperate, my life is passing me by!!

Pan9
12-03-11, 19:18
I know exactly what you mean. Have you ever had any medication, if you don't mind me asking? I am currently on Citalopram 20mg and the Doc gave me betablockers to control symptoms of a panic attack. I've just had the Citalopram upped to 20mg...doesn't seem to be having much effect at the min xx

Pan9
12-03-11, 19:30
Now I'm getting a stabbing pain in the back of my head :scared15:

Chris hill
12-03-11, 19:51
Hello there i thought i would just drop you a line to say these things can and do get better .I spent the last two months in one room and last year it was sixteen weeks but for the last three days ive been out driving again and just enjoying the fresh air .

Pan9
12-03-11, 19:56
I hope so :)

Still managing to go to work...but that's it...just managing, getting through. Would love to wake up tomorrow with no knots in my tummy :weep:

Chris hill
12-03-11, 20:02
Finding this site has really helped me as i now know iam not going mad.

Pan9
12-03-11, 20:07
I agree. But sometimes (or maybe more than sometimes) I still think that I'll be the one person who hasn't got anxiety and really does have something wromg with me....wish this fear would away. Can barely remember the days when I used to think about mundane things like what dress to wear at the weekend...or worrying about the spot on my chin!! x

Chris hill
12-03-11, 20:16
Haha yes those halcion days . You cant be the one thats been mis diagnosed because thats me and everyone one here i should imagine. We will all beat this thing one day .Can you imagine how i feel at 6ft2 and about 16st shaking like a shxxing dog in front of the wife oops.

kah
12-03-11, 20:28
It's neither of you, because I'm the ONE!!!
Yes, I have been on Mirtazipine (30mg) for about 6 months. I don't think it's helped the anxiety at all but it has given me back my appetite which I lost big time so for that reason I've stuck with it, oh and it also helps me to sleep!

I agree, it would be fantastic to have a whole day without worrying once, what I would give for that! We'll get there, keep believing :D

K xx

Pan9
12-03-11, 20:28
Mmm...can see how that would be difficult :). Hopefully she understands though?

Chris hill
12-03-11, 20:36
Yeh shes sound ive had her that long shes almost one of the family now. Its funny how fast this thing can cripple us because i was always very optamistic about things and happy 24/7.

Pan9
12-03-11, 20:39
You couldn't be Kah...its definately me!:D Hopefully we can all keep the faith.

It is amazing how quick it takes hold- I agree. Feel like a different person xx

Chris hill
12-03-11, 20:46
Iam feeling a lot better now. I hope you can smile :).

Pan9
12-03-11, 20:49
Me 2. Thanks :)x

Chris hill
12-03-11, 21:01
I reacon well be fine its just a matter of accepting this as a part of who we are and asking for help with it because as ive learned its no use just trying to hide away and trying to fight it off . Worrying about worrying thats been my thing for years but no more well until the next one lol.

scaredstiff695
12-03-11, 21:30
in January i was bad i spent days in bed making excuses i even told my therapist if i didn't have my children with me all te time i was scared i would do away with my self cos i was so fed up of the fear.
two months on and nothing is standing in my way don get me wrong i have bad moments.

think one thing your scared of dying? but scared of living like this? so we have one choice he up and go and thing if I'mgoing to panic going to panic x x

big hugs to you cos i have been where you are now x

Chris hill
12-03-11, 22:09
YEAH i know that feeling , My trigger was losing a brother ,a best mate then my old dad al within 2months just before xmas last year . Ive had bad anxiety for years but could keep it hidden away this last few months have really done me in.

scaredstiff695
12-03-11, 22:20
o mate that would make any one feel low x give yourself some credit and but yourself some slack take time to grieve and don't worry about anxiety x

Chris hill
12-03-11, 22:31
Thanx for the reply i know things will get better soon but i somtimes feel that iam going mad as i cant stop shaking and have been in the hospital for ecgs and blood tests three times since .Before this i lead a normal life and even used to be the one everyone came to for help ad advice.

Pan9
13-03-11, 09:46
Hey,

Thanks for the replies. Chris, you have been through a lot...I'm sorry to hear that.

Feel like mornings are definately the worst- feeling really low again today. I do have depression as well as anxiety...not a great combination. So exhausted of feeling so down :weep:

x

Chris hill
14-03-11, 22:40
HAha arnt we the fun group in this place.