PDA

View Full Version : Morning Heart Racing

Whatsgoinon
13-03-11, 09:00
Hi Does anyone get a racing heart in the morning, usually for me its about 80bpm and it drops soon after i pay attention to it and deep breath for a few minutes. It is consistent however i.e. every morning on waking - i'm not a conscious of anything before and i have even awoken slightly before this has happened in a semi sleep and it has just kicked off (also does not matter if it is a work day or weekend).

Any one got any advice, techniques or answers?

darcy
13-03-11, 11:36
i have this ALL the time.. i just acept it now.. its all part of being anxious... not nice but totaly normal.. i promise xxxx

Ella_Jayne
13-03-11, 12:27
I don't think 80bpm wouldn't be considered as racing. Anything between 60-100 is normal. It sounds like you're paying a bit too much attention to your heart. If you try to stop checking it then it'll become a lot more relaxed.

jothenurse
13-03-11, 17:40
80 bpm is normal. They don't even consider it fast until it's over 100, which mine does frequently from anxiety.

Whatsgoinon
14-03-11, 17:22
Hey all of you! Thanks for replying - yeah i know its not that high but as my usual resting heart rate is 52Bpm it makes my chest feel rather uncomfortable. strange i never had it affect my heart before but i guess that is anxeity for ya.

Good health to all of you:)

cookie10
14-03-11, 17:25
I had to all the time when my anxiety was at it's worst, give it time, this sympton has completely eased for me now, try to ignore it if you can.