PDA

View Full Version : Tingling/Pins and Needles scaring me

Cat13
13-03-11, 09:33
Hi Everyone,
I just wondered if anyone else has had tingling pins and needles over head face? It was one of my initial symptoms when I went to Docs in Jan but then went until last week. I have it most days, and I find it very frightening. I had 2 lots of blood tests in Jan - all normal and another set last week - most results back normal, but awaiting last result.
I know it can be a symptom of anxiety, but I have been on citalopram now for 8 weeks, feel a lot calmer, but a lot of the physical symptoms are still with me and I can;t understnad why if this is anxiety and the citalopram should surely be working by now? I don't even feel as 'stressed' as I was a few weeks ago.
I have tried to talk to family/friends, but am currently resorting to pretening all is ok as they are all getting sick of me.
I am terrified it is something terrible as since December I have been convinced I am dying with one horrible illness or another.
Please can someone help me?????

devonowl
13-03-11, 11:07
I would guess it is still anxiety. Just because something calms you down it doesn't mean it stops it. Your sub conscious mind is one powerful thing and you still seem to be noticing the symptoms hence your getting worried..so your body prepares itself into its anxious state which increases your symptoms...which you notice the symptoms and get worried... and its the cycle again.

Rhys1879SAFC
13-03-11, 11:52
This is one of the more common symptoms of anxiety so I really wouldn't worry about it too much, anxiety is all to do with nerves after all so is it any wonder you feel numb and get pins and needles in various places?

I get it in my hands and fingers sometimes, nothing to worry about. Chin up! :)

Zee
13-03-11, 21:20
I had that quite a lot 11 years ago and a few times in 2010, yes, it can be an anxiety symptom I was told but in my case it turned out to be from neck tension.

Nutty
13-03-11, 22:04
I have had an mri because of my hand, arms and face having pins and needles and numbness. The results were a worn disc at the top of my spine and anxiety, i am sure that is the same for you.

xxxxx