PDA

View Full Version : Can any one give me a little advice please

tricia56
13-03-11, 10:54
hi i ve been suffering with anxiety for a few years now and for the past year or so when i have to sit down and talk to people i tend to rock back and forth i know i do it but cant help doing it and feel imbarresed about it but just latelymy frieind and her husband tell me off for rocking when i m siting talking to them as they said it makes them feel dizzy watching me so now i dont want to go to their home to visit them because of my rocking as they make me feel that i look a freak and im starting to think that maybe i shouldnt go out no more to visit them or my other friends because theyprobly thnk the same.im doing cbt and i want to get better but i dont want to feel imbarressed or feel a freak every time i go anyware.should i just ignore wat they say to me and just carry on and just be as normal as i can as ive already got no self asteem or covindence so are the bieng abit selfish in keep telling me off as they do know i suffer with anxiety

JT69
13-03-11, 12:12
Hi Tricia,

I think it is just something that you do and I understand that it cant be helped. I find when I sit down and am resting I have to keep moving my feet....I suffer with anxiety too and I think its all just part of it. My hubby will often say to me stop moving your feet as I sit there all relaxed watching tv or something and have to keep moving them!! Some people click there nails or tap...so I think you will find it is common with us nervous people...try not to worry too much about it and mention it when having your cbt.

TC.
Jo.xx

tricia56
13-03-11, 12:50
hi thk you for ur advice tc xxx pat