PDA

View Full Version : Hi my introduction..

Panikki
22-03-04, 09:51
Hi this is my first post,
i have had general anxiety and panic attacks for many years now for the last 4 yrs i've been taking seroxat, have spent the last year(out of the 4) trying to get off the drug! Needless to say it's been hell on earth and panic and anxiety has been triggered off with a vengence due to all the changes my brain has been going through. At present i'm struggling to get through each day but i hope that i'll make it through this nightmare, the ordeal i've had to date has been dreadful ...i can only presume that mine is an extreme case, but it's knocked my confidence right down and i know i have a long struggle still ahead of me. If anyone else has made it through to the other side ..coming off meds, i'd love to hear your story and any tips on how to survive! Jo x

J Baker

kate
22-03-04, 10:08
Hiya Jo,

Welcome to the site.

Have a good look around at all the posts. You will find lots of useful information together with lots of support from fellow sufferers.

Once again, welcome

Kate x

me
22-03-04, 10:29
Hello Jo, oh you sound like you have really been through it x This site is so fab, have a really good look through it. Take care from mary x

Meg
22-03-04, 18:08
Dear Jo,

I think we all think we've had a really hard time of it.. We're all agreed it's a very difficult thing to overcome but it is entirely possible. I'm through and pretty good now.

I was on Prozac but have never had Seroxat.
Coming off Seroxat is known to be particularly difficult. Do post and tell us how you're doing and what parts are causing you the most angst.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
22-03-04, 22:38
Hi Panikki

Welcome to the forum.

We all think that we can never get better and we will never see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have suffered for 10 years but like Meg, things are much better for me.

Meg is completely over her illness, whereas I still need to conquer some things but I am getting there and you will too.

Have a read of some posts and the website too - you will get loads of help on there.

Nicola

manda
01-04-04, 17:36
hithis is my first post, my name is manda and i have suffered from panic attacks for 14 years, i learnt how to overcome them but now they are back worse than ever before. I feel that i cannot cope with them anymore can anyone help.i'd love to hear anyones tips

sarah
01-04-04, 18:16
Hi Manda

Im sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment, im really glad that you have found us though. There is loads of tips on this forum and on the home page so feel free to have a good look round.
The tips on here range from lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, relaxation), medication, alternative therapy (hypnotherapy, yoga, reiki), quick breathing and relaxation techniques etc.

feel free to post and ask us any questions you have.

Just remember, its never too late. You say you have overcome it before and im sure you will again. You have our support :)

love Sarah
xx

Meg
01-04-04, 19:57
Hi Manda,

Do start your own topic in Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about whats been going on with you and why you think these have returned now

Meg

kate
01-04-04, 20:19
Hiya Manda,

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site.

Kate x

Brownie
01-04-04, 22:25
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the site. We have all been through what your going through and most of us still are, but whats great about this site is that we can all help eachother through it. Getting off your meds must be dreadful, I wish you good luck with it. Hope to see you around Jo.

-Christie[:I]

pips
04-04-04, 20:16
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the site, I am new to but everyone is so friendly and there is loads of useful info to explore.

Well done for coming of Seroxat. I understand a little what it must be like for you as i used to take Seroxat myself.

I only took it for 6 month's but it was still quite difficult to come off it. I did experience terrible dizziness and was very shakey as well. It makes me laugh though as they say the drug isn't supposed to be addictive!

I was advised to cut it down gradually, though not just stop taking it right away. Which i did. Were you advised this to? I just wondered as it might have made a difference to how bad you have been feeling!

I am glad i am off it now & i just tend to rely on Natural remedies to get me through. Unfortunatly not always strong enough sometimes!

You are doing well though. Keep up the good work & try to stay POSITIVE : - ]

I am sure you will come through this.

Good Luck & Keep in touch

Pip's XX

me
09-04-04, 14:26
hi jo, how are you doing? hope you are feeling well. its bank holiday so i hope your making the most of it and putting your feet up relaxing. take care love from mary

red
10-04-04, 12:23
Hi Jo
You have probably read the good stories about people who have been in your position on the site already - hope they helped. Loads of people have come out 'good' at the other end and there is no reason why you can't, even though you feel perhaps, that this is not the case at the moment!

You will win - just keep doing what your are doing and read the excellent advice on here.

Take care

Red
x