PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

Two heads
05-04-06, 19:59
Hi just was wondering how everyone is getting on over the last few weeks with this drug as havet heard a peep out of anyone that started it around the same time as myself.Ive been taking it for five weeks now and at last im feeling a little better!Im only taking 10mg still and was going to up it but didnt in the end.Be good to hear from you all!xx

Greg1983
06-04-06, 14:01
I have just started to take this today, hopefully in a few weeks time i will be better and will start enjoying things again.

"UNLESS YOU HAVE BREATHED ANXIETY, TASTED ANXIETY AND LIVED WITH ANXIETY YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS..
NEVER JUDGE AN ANXIOUS PERSON BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY YOU MAY WAKE UP WITH IT YOURSELF..... (Stolen from someone else, can't remember who, but i'm sorry - i just liked it)"

joanne87
06-04-06, 14:10
Hia,

Ive been on it for about 5 weeks now, i started on 20mg once a day when i first got bad and i was fine with alot of support, but i didnt know if it was the tablets as i couldnt notice much difference. but since i started having a really bad time and the support has gone, the doc put me on 40mg and i think i can notice the difference alot more now, and have started to perk up abit.

Hope this is some help to you

Jo x

Two heads
06-04-06, 19:05
Good luck Greg!Dont be alarmed if you become more anxious over the next few weeks as this drug tends to do that the frist few weeks,i felt worse than ever.How many mg are you on?You should def perk up a bit if anything.
Glad you have started to perk up joanne,its a terrible thing to suffer like we dobut hopefully we will all be better with a little help from medical science.It really does vary how much we all need i think,may still up mine yet not sure!It def takes a good five weeks all so to show any sighs of improvement.
This week im feeling a little more anxious but i guess its womens things coming up!Just have to keep frighting the bad thoughts that sometimes occur when one has a pain.thanks for replys chaps i was wondering if anyone was listening to me out there.It helps to no we are all reacting very much the same with these drugs we are taking.xx

Basha
06-04-06, 21:17
Hi there,

I've been on citalopram, 10mg for about 10 weeks now and it is doing wonders. I did remember around the 5-8 week point feeling quite jittery and anxious at times, and that should pass. My doc told me it was likely just levelling out various chemicals in my brain.

I feel amazing now, and I can't seem to understand why I was panicked and anxious in the first place.. things that used to make my heart race before, don't bother me at all now! Just thought I'd share a bit of a 'success' story with you all. I never thought I could feel better again but I finally feel I have my life back. xx

"To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger; but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can."
-Sydney Smith

Two heads
07-04-06, 09:44
Thanks for the great reply basha!It makes us all feel more positive i should think.It must be something about the drug and the way it works from the 5th week ( ie feeling more anxious again).Feel alot more positive which is good!
Glad your feeling great and you are getting your life back.Have you suffered with this for long Basha?I have been suffering since december with panick but ihavet been feeling write really since i had a baby in may!xxx

ashley
09-04-06, 16:01
I have just started taking citalopram..its 20mg.. but i am only going to start myself of on 10mg..im scared i suffer badley and just dont want any panic attacks..or to worsen my eptopic beats.. please any advice

ashley xxx

Two heads
10-04-06, 14:30
Hi ashley!I would begin with 10mg then maybe up it later,just see how you get on with it frist.Anxiety and panick may increase in the frist week all so but should calm down.Still think i may have to up mine this week for sure as i was feeling good but now over the last couple of days im feeling ist all come back again!What is going on i dont no?I feel like crying and i keep feeling scared as if something wrong with me,this had all gone almost over the last few weeks.Good luck let us no how you get on.xxx

ashley
10-04-06, 15:16
Hiya bong.
You not feeling too good im sorry to hear that, remember we have set backs at times it does happen..try not to fear it, but certinley have a word with ya doctor to see if its advisable to up the medication, it does take time with these things as i remember from taking them many years ago love.

Also would you mind telling me what side effects that you suffered from if any... or if anyone else is reading these posts they could maybe say about theres too, i am feeling panicky, felling sick , and i have a bad headache above my eyebrow.. just need to know if i should still carry on taking them if i get this... i havnt suffered with headaches for years and i was concerned where this came from...my bp has been a little high previously and i thought maybe the tablets are making my bp high and thus the headache,i dunno..im worried..also my face is hot and flushed.. and im really cold too.

ash x

Two heads
10-04-06, 15:54
Hi ashley!frist week ifelt sick,spaced out,dizzy,loss of appetite,then slight headaches for a few weeks!Extra panick,that was the worse thing,and i was cold also for afew weeks.Went back to the doc several times in frist couple of weeks.Maybe give your doc a vist to check blood pressure if your worried sweet!Sounds to me as it really is just side affects.
Doc said it was ok to up it to15mg,but was really trying not to.
Stick on it and pay doc a vist to put your mind at rest,saves more panick.
Did you start with10mg?If not cut back to 10mg and work uop slowly.xxx

Greg1983
11-04-06, 16:03
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Good luck Greg!Dont be alarmed if you become more anxious over the next few weeks as this drug tends to do that the frist few weeks,i felt worse than ever.How many mg are you on?You should def perk up a bit if anything.
Glad you have started to perk up joanne,its a terrible thing to suffer like we dobut hopefully we will all be better with a little help from medical science.It really does vary how much we all need i think,may still up mine yet not sure!It def takes a good five weeks all so to show any sighs of improvement.
This week im feeling a little more anxious but i guess its womens things coming up!Just have to keep frighting the bad thoughts that sometimes occur when one has a pain.thanks for replys chaps i was wondering if anyone was listening to me out there.It helps to no we are all reacting very much the same with these drugs we are taking.xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by Bong - 06 April 2006 : 20:05:20</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I'm currentley on 10mg, have only taking 6 tablets, starting to feel alot more anxious, i'm also really worried about the side effects. I have started to get an upset stomach. Hopefully these will die off in the next few weeks

"UNLESS YOU HAVE BREATHED ANXIETY, TASTED ANXIETY AND LIVED WITH ANXIETY YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS..
NEVER JUDGE AN ANXIOUS PERSON BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY YOU MAY WAKE UP WITH IT YOURSELF..... (Stolen from someone else, can't remember who, but i'm sorry - i just liked it)"

Two heads
11-04-06, 20:25
HiGreg!Sorry to hear your suffering but it does sound normal for these drugs.You may also feel extra tired with them,fotgot to mention that one
Stick with them and let us no how you are getting on.xxx!