PDA

View Full Version : Having MAjor attacks for 40minutes

JulieJay92
13-03-11, 18:01
Had dinner at 4pm and husband has now left for a business trip until tomorrow

Since 515 i got a gripping pain in my RIGHT shoulder, stomach cramps and light headed which progressed to the pain in my chin and pins and needles in my cheeks

I always make the mistake and check my BP which was 177/107 lowest 152/92 pulse 77

Is this another bad attack which i have made worse by being hyper sensitive to the symptoms and is it possible to bring the others on

And i know i am thinking it is deffinately a Heart Attack this time :ohmy::ohmy: but i cannot help it

U guys are probably sick of me bynow and can tell me to get lost if u want but i feel so alone - i did ring the Dr here in spain but they didnt have english speaking staff on duty :weep::weep: even tho i cant afford it i wanted to speak to them for advice and when i call the on call dr at my uk surgery they wont speak due to me being abroad:scared15::scared15:

All i ask is is it so possible we bring our panic attacks on and make them worse by ourselves and is this really what it is

ps - i am on my period atm but dont no if that makes any difference

JulieJay92
13-03-11, 18:53
bp beginning to lower to average of 4 times 152/95 - 149/88

Feel my legs have turned to jelly and i feel so tired but my whole body aches / it seems to be all over aches but moving round, not all at once

Have mild indigestion also and mild chest discomfort like someone pushing me just above my breast bone

Also mouth is very dry

any ideas on what to do

Katie6
13-03-11, 19:03
Its to me like you have had a panic attack and you are now suffering the after effects, everything you described i get too, the fact that it started when your husband left, prob means your anxiety built up so much and caused you to have a panic attack, try to relax and NOT monitor your blood pressure, blood pressures change all the tiime and this is normal, and they do go sky high during high anxiety/panic, try to relax take a bath or a nap and you will start to feel better x

JulieJay92
13-03-11, 19:26
ive just spoke to him and feel a bit calmer butbp is so hard not to measure - its now 173/100 but the btteries are slowly dying so hopefully that will get me to stop trying lol

seekingpeace
13-03-11, 20:24
Batteries dying would be a "time to let some time pass":D sign.

You are not having a heart attack - still posting so all is well. Your mind is making you feel physically unwell. Those feelings will pass too with a little time.

Take off your shoes and go walk barefoot in the grass. Light a scented candle where you are staying. Run a big warm bubble bath. Wet a washcloth, stick it in the freezer for a few minutes or in a container of ice with water, wring it out and put it on your face.

Just a few things I do when my body is waging war against me! Hang in there!!!

JulieJay92
13-03-11, 20:57
i am just having so much trouble coping with these it is making me physically ill

The pain is now stabbing in my LEFT shoulder so is this not classed as radiating pain ie heart???

Bp dropped to 135/87 but guess what ..................back up to 170/95 :( :( :(

am i woring myself up - i just cant seem to get these thoughts out of my head and i feel i am in real real pain, not imaginary pain as some of my friends think - ACTUAL pain - either that or i am going insane :O

im so physically drained by it all i just dont think i can go on much longer (sometimes feel if it was a heart attack then that would be the end of it all)

Dont panic tho - im not suicidal or anything - i have a great life & family - this just gets in the way far too often than i can cope with and i feel i am getting on loved ones nerves by complaining and stressing over my symptoms

scaredstiff695
13-03-11, 21:04
hi chick

FIRSTLY BIN YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR ITS DOING YOU MORE HARM THEN GOOD!!!

the pains you descirbe is what i was sufering with a few weeks back when i thought i was having heart attack i would get it in my shoulders and everything and it too makes me physically ill.

try to relax stay calm read a book or anything you are defo not having a heart attack ychick.
and yeah we can bring on panic attacks and worrying symptonms ourselves.

my first cbt session was about thinking about a part of your body we did our throats and and we both sat and t=thought about our throats and i was feeling so suffocated but she wast and w had done same thing the reason cos of the way us anxiety suffers thing about our bodys xxx

JulieJay92
13-03-11, 21:17
thanks hun - i appreciate u all being here for me as i know when we think about it it sometimes brings on our own attacks so huge hugs to all of you

Just poured a glass of wine (good/bad idea!!) and got a book out then gonna try and get some sleep

scaredstiff695
13-03-11, 21:22
see you can do this and beat it chick xx

i dont drink so bad idea for me lol but some find a glass elaxes them best thing to do though is to try and sleep early x

shropshire_lad
13-03-11, 21:34
Crickey..you sound just like me... wired up to your BP monitor getting all anxious watching the readings go up!

I've seen my BP 200/110 when having a panic attack...seen pulse rates way in the 200's.

From you BP and pulse I would say you are anxious which leads to the increase in BP. Those figures are nothing to worry about unless they stay that way for weeks. I don't think your having a full blown panic attack as the pulse normally rockets to at least 140ish in most folk.

Like someone has said try not to use the BP monitor as much - although if you get health anxiety like me that's easier said than done. Also take the readings with a "pinch of salt"... BP could stay elevated for years at 170/100, so a few minutes even hours is no problem.

Good luck!

JulieJay92
13-03-11, 22:13
the bp has been near enough 155/95 for 2 weeks with only 6 or so readings under 137/88 so i think ive got worried over that also

JulieJay92
13-03-11, 23:13
now it feels like im being smothered or something - seems hard 2 breathe and im trembling inside too. One symptom goes and u get 2 more to replace them :( :( :(

im so scared and t doesnt help we having a bad storm and power is flickering - tried to go to bed then thats when i felt like i couldnt breathe

macc noodle
14-03-11, 01:06
BIN THE BLOODY BLOOD PRESSURE MACHINE !!!!

If your batteries are low on it, you cannot trust that it is a correct reading anyway and if you are anxious you can get very varied readings - my doc just laughs at my readings they are soo off the scale and she knows it is my anxiety doing it!!!!

GIVE UP THE WINE FOR A WHILE!!!!!

A few weeks without the wine might just help alleviate the anxiety - it certainly does not good whatsoever if you are anxious because it will either make you immediately more fretful or, a few hours down the line once the nice warm feeling from the drink has gone, you are on the floor with all your anxiety symptoms again but ten times worse! :weep:

Sweetie, honestly, you have had this for so long now you must surely know in the back of your mind that it is anxiety and panic and nothing more (although God knows it feels like more when you are in the middle of it, I know).

Please try and find something to distract you - a trashy novel or easy TV or something - when you are feeling iffy.

Jan
xx

PS: By the way, the whole point of us being on this forum is to help(??!!!) each other, so no way would anyone ever tell you to get lost xxxxx

JulieJay92
14-03-11, 18:41
thanks - feel not as panicky today only checked bp this afternoon 2 times and have taken batteries out to try and stop myself