PDA

View Full Version : Head pain please help !!

Gemmalou84
13-03-11, 20:38
Hiya I'm really struggling at the min, been on fluoxertine for just over a week now and OMG talk about feeling crap ! 2 days after starting them I started with a headache in the back of my head felt like so much pressure on both sides , now I'm totally convinced I've got a tumour it's all I think about and I'm constantly googling symptoms survival rates chances of having one it's ruining my life ! The head pressure is still there except it's worse when I lie down I have slight tinnitus all symptoms of a tumour I'm so scared that I have one ? My mum and partner say it's muscle tension but I can't understand why it hurts more when lying down other than its a tumour ? Has anybody else had this ? Also my head and face gets tingly like goosebumps

Gemmalou84
13-03-11, 20:41
And also I have nausea

kah
13-03-11, 20:43
Hi,

Sorry you're having a rough time. Could it be side-effects from the medication? Not all meds agree with everyone. I would give it slightly longer and if you feel no better I'd go back to GP and ask about changing it. I think it can take a couple of weeks for initial side-effects to subside.

K xx

Gemmalou84
13-03-11, 20:46
It does say headaches are a side effect but these arnt really painful they are more pressure like and stingy if that makes sense ? Just worried that it's hurts more when I lie down as I can't seem 2 find any site other that brain tumour sites that relate 2 this ?

Chriswebster
13-03-11, 21:02
Hey gemmalou84
In the last few years I've had many times when I have been absolutely certain that I'm a gonner thru tumour, cancer and other deadly outcomes.
Each time thankfully I have been wrong. I know how you feel with the head thing. But I also think you should get your peace of mind from your doctor in this case. Call them 1st thing tmrw and get the ball rolling. Take care, Chris x

Chriswebster
13-03-11, 21:03
Hey gemmalou84
In the last few years I've had many times when I have been absolutely certain that I'm a gonner thru tumour, cancer and other deadly outcomes.
Each time thankfully I have been wrong. I know how you feel with the head thing. But I also think you should get your peace of mind from your doctor in this case. Call them 1st thing tmrw and get the ball rolling. Take care, Chris x

Gemmalou84
13-03-11, 21:06
I've been 2 the docs last week she just said it's tension ? I'm just so scared and it's always in my mind what if it is really a tumour and not anxiety ? I'm a wreck over it ! I just can't understand why it hurts more lying down ?

bluesparks
13-03-11, 21:08
gemma

Any new medication takes a while to take effect, there are many types of tablets to take, your GP will help and get you on the right one i went from citolopram to fluoxertine back to citolopram and they help now, i suffer bad headaches more pressure than pain and i believe its stress and worry and not a tumour, you may fear the worst, but the more people you talk too the more answers youll get. A nice comfy pillow and a dark room will cure it and think happy thoughts :)

Ian

Jamie C
14-03-11, 02:17
I have this, it feels really weird, but it is tension does your head feel sensitive to touch?? if it is then its deffo tension. For me feels like something pulling down on the top and rear of my head. Regarding ringing in your ears.. i've had it for years due to my hearing problems but it can also be caused by build ups of wax. If your really concerned go to your dr's for peace of mind. Hope you feel better soon.

Jamie