PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Ingenious
13-03-11, 22:46
Hello - Like a lot of people I found this site through Google - it's been a good read so I thought I'd register and say hello.

I searched for info about Citalopram withdrawal, I started on this last September for depression, 5mg, then 10mg, 20mg, 30mg and finally 40mg. It produced some good results for a couple of weeks each time at the increasing dosages then seemed to wear off (hence the continual increase over time to try and reach a level where the improvements were sustained). But at 40mg both myself and the doctor thought we were flogging a dead horse.

So I have gone from 40mg to 20mg for one week, then off completely, and immediately onto 15mg Mirtazapine at the doctor's instruction.

The first Mirtazapine tablet (last week) was like taking a sleeping pill, the drowsiness wore off over subsequent days. However I now have some new problems, dizziness, a really odd feeling in my head, a sort of buzz/shock if something sudden happens like a phone ringing, tiredness which comes and goes during the day, very irritable, monster appetite, seeing flashing lights at times, tightness in my chest.

I was assuming this was the Mirtazapine but now think this must be mostly Citalopram withdrawal - it seems to fit with a lot of other peoples experiences here. In hindsight, going from 40mg to 0mg in just a week does seem a little quick!!! Then to complicate this with a new medication too :ohmy:

Well it's too late now I guess I will have to just grin and bear this over the coming weeks.

What's a bit annoying is that 6 months on, and my depression is no better, but let's hope the Mirtazapine helps.

diane07
13-03-11, 22:47
Hi Ingenious

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes