PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attacks.

Mami1
14-03-11, 02:37
HI, I saw a few posts on the symptoms some people have with anxiety. I can relate.. very well. I have had panic attacks or what I call anxiety for a long time. I know it has to do with insecurity.. My life has been sort of all over the place and grew up with a lot of issues in my family that were more than average issues.. and for long period of time and some of those issues still exist. I am starting a new relationship after a divorce 3 yrs ago. I still feel bad about leaving my ex yet I know that what happened was a matter of me trying but it did not work, but I feel a lot of guilt for breaking it up, but I also know that I tried and there were many issues to contend with and it became draining to me..emotionaly. So I am dealing with it.. facing the fear of a new relationship, and also have been unemployed for too long.. has created a lot of anxiety of course.. but.. I realized today that it is true to face the fears, but to also understand that others feel the way I do.. we all feel scared about things at one point or another but I am learning and maybe this can help others that to breath, to realize that issues cause the anxiety, and when you realize the issue it does not have to be scary.. you can take it one moment at a time and breath... everything will be okay.. we can't fix or control everything but most important need to relax our mind and body so we can feel better and not let it get out of perspective, it is okay to slow down and take it easy, meditate, you don't have to run scared, just keep reminding yourself when you need reasurance that you are not alone..! This can be a normal thing in life and we just need to learn how to get through those difficult moments, days, months.. so we / you can be healthy, overly stressing the mind and body will not help you get better, staying calm and reaching out to others and taking step by step will help with the anxiety levels.. best of luck hope this helps others and it helped me to just write it out... thank you for reading..

diane07
14-03-11, 02:39
Hi Mami1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nanny
14-03-11, 14:36
Hi There
A big welcome to NMP, it's a brilliant site with lots of friendly members who are here to help each other if and when they can. :welcome: