PDA

View Full Version : i don't think i take take this much longer :(

honeyp1e
14-03-11, 11:50
I have been suffering with this so called anxiety / depression since i was about 11 am now 28 but has only been bad since i went cold turkey in aug (stupid i no)
but i have had so many problems since all mainly in the stomach area doctor has sent me for all kinds of tests (x-ray/ bloods / ultrasound etc) which came back clear apart from one blood they showed up as high allergies then were sent against wheat-soyabeans-milk-eggs all negative so don't no what that allergy is ?? am waiting to be sent to a allergy clinic but the list is 20 weeks waiting :weep: and doc said it sounds like i just suffer with bad acid plus IBS ??
and am taking omeprazole....which has calmed the symptoms down i get -
burning between the shoulder blades (used to be 24/7 since taking Omeprazole 20mg only get this now n then)
burning just below the ribs (only off n on since taking tabs but when i do get it its like a raw burning feeling)
WATERY MOUTH ( this is my main problem) have it now
trembles / shivers
dizzy spells
BAD constipation
lower back pains
top leg pains
lower stomach pains
head aches
tired
jelly legs
churning stomach / nervous stomach
stomach spasms
palpitations
days were i just cry all day
mood swings
lump feeling in throat
weight loss now just 6st4 (but can be due to me NOT eating )
dry skin
hair falling out
pain feeling just below my ribs like food is lodged there (if i rub it sometimes i will burp)
no sleep
constant worrying / negative thinking
ALOT if bad smelly wind :blush:
poor appetite (went from aug to jan without eating much a piece of bread a day or less (but some days i just feel hungry 24/7)
no energy (also from not eating )
no periods since about October (but i get all the symptoms when its around the date my period is usually due )

i just keep thinking something is seriously wrong with me
I NEVER relax and never sleep i just feel like i can't take this anymore and don't no where to turn to i have been doc's many of times but they can only do so much and i just feel that maybe they should stick me in hospital its suprising they haven't as i have spent so much time at doctors lately thinking am going crazy / insane etc..
I just can't take it anymore feeling so anxious/ panicky / scared everyday of my life....
i no its all just in your head / negative thinking etc so why can't i just get over it ignore it and get on with my life as normal ??
am so drained & exhausted i just can't concentrate any more

what am i meant to do to get through this its now been going on about 9months now to long for me !!

allergyphobia
14-03-11, 12:01
Hi honey.

You really do seem at the end of your tether. I would say the greatest thing you can do is accept that anxiety and stress is having a very bad effect on your body.

From April 2010, after suffering from anxiety and depression from a persistent cough and a series of personal events, I started to get phobic of food, and very quickly cut more and more out of my diet. by may/june i think i was eating just bread and maybe a bit of cheese, potato etc but panicking after everything. my parents live abroad but went on a holiday and had to fly back from their holiday because i was so unstable. i can't tell you the effect my restricted diet had on my body. severe acid reflux causing aches and pains everywhere. when i ate i'd feel like a rubber band constricting my body.

i could go on a long ramble but if you see my thread history lately there have been much more successes than blips, and step by step i'm coming out stronger. Key to me has been acceptance, and then challenging myself. For me, I ran out of ways to say "why me?". I knew the change and support had to come from myself. The people around me couldn't offer any more advice... the doctors didn't know how to fix my cough... i had to find the strength and happiness from within.

Cbt and acupuncture were my guidance... they changed my life and the direction I was headed...

I hope you find peace and the answers soon. Please stop trying to fight yourself. Relax with yourself, try and tackle things a bit at a time. You always say you are eating rice cakes, dry foods. What about porridge, it is so good for you, and tasty too. Fruity yoghurts. Soups. Nutrition is so important, not just food as a means to an end. Now you have starved your body for so long it is going to be hurting, and when you start putting stuff back in it will be a shock to the system. Don't be scared. Set yourself targets and document the progress here, we are all here to support you.

Go and get some fresh air, make a cup of tea, call a friend. You need to take action yourself, with the support frm

allergyphobia
14-03-11, 12:02
with the support from every one you can do it, good luck x x x

honeyp1e
14-03-11, 12:42
Hi honey.

You really do seem at the end of your tether. I would say the greatest thing you can do is accept that anxiety and stress is having a very bad effect on your body.

From April 2010, after suffering from anxiety and depression from a persistent cough and a series of personal events, I started to get phobic of food, and very quickly cut more and more out of my diet. by may/june i think i was eating just bread and maybe a bit of cheese, potato etc but panicking after everything. my parents live abroad but went on a holiday and had to fly back from their holiday because i was so unstable. i can't tell you the effect my restricted diet had on my body. severe acid reflux causing aches and pains everywhere. when i ate i'd feel like a rubber band constricting my body.

i could go on a long ramble but if you see my thread history lately there have been much more successes than blips, and step by step i'm coming out stronger. Key to me has been acceptance, and then challenging myself. For me, I ran out of ways to say "why me?". I knew the change and support had to come from myself. The people around me couldn't offer any more advice... the doctors didn't know how to fix my cough... i had to find the strength and happiness from within.

Cbt and acupuncture were my guidance... they changed my life and the direction I was headed...

I hope you find peace and the answers soon. Please stop trying to fight yourself. Relax with yourself, try and tackle things a bit at a time. You always say you are eating rice cakes, dry foods. What about porridge, it is so good for you, and tasty too. Fruity yoghurts. Soups. Nutrition is so important, not just food as a means to an end. Now you have starved your body for so long it is going to be hurting, and when you start putting stuff back in it will be a shock to the system. Don't be scared. Set yourself targets and document the progress here, we are all here to support you.

Go and get some fresh air, make a cup of tea, call a friend. You need to take action yourself, with the support frm

i just hate the fact am not eating properly and even on days where i just feel like eating & eating i don't because i listen to my negative thinking to much about if i eat i will be sick etc.... or i get days like today just feeling really anxious/nervous stomach and can't eat even though i want something to eat i listen to much to the negative thinking that i will be sick if i eat or if i eat while having a nervous stomach etc...
my boyfriend always says if you feel hungry it means your body wants the foods not that your gonna be sick if you do eat !! i just can't help but worry or as am always constipated from not eating then when i do go to eat ifeel full / bloated straight away :( i cant win :weep:
i just feel am fighting against a losing battle and that i have hit a brick wall that i cant get through or even climb over it !!
today its mainly this watery mouth and nervous stomach feeling like am waiting for something to happen to me ??
my main negative thinking is all around my phobia of vomiting & i worry 24/7 so i think can you eat on a nervous stomach or ?

slimjim
14-03-11, 23:05
i feel so sorry for you i know what you are going through t and it is hard but belive me you can get over it like dr clair weeks says in her booke which have helped me so much you have four steps to take the first is to accept the feelings go with them dont fight them just take a deep breath and exhales slowly and let your body just relax just let it sag say ok these feelings are here to stay for a little while ok i accept that then you must face them dont shrink away from them face them head on ok this is worrying me ok lets just relax and face it then you have to learn to float past them just imagine you are floating past your feelings and llast of all let time pass say to yourself ok this is only for now i will get better in time and listen to your inner voice it is what will help you the most im no expert this is all from experience i have been were you are now so i am living proof that you can control this thing and live a better life dont hesitate to contact me if you need any more support roy

honeyp1e
17-03-11, 10:36
i feel so sorry for you i know what you are going through t and it is hard but belive me you can get over it like dr clair weeks says in her booke which have helped me so much you have four steps to take the first is to accept the feelings go with them dont fight them just take a deep breath and exhales slowly and let your body just relax just let it sag say ok these feelings are here to stay for a little while ok i accept that then you must face them dont shrink away from them face them head on ok this is worrying me ok lets just relax and face it then you have to learn to float past them just imagine you are floating past your feelings and llast of all let time pass say to yourself ok this is only for now i will get better in time and listen to your inner voice it is what will help you the most im no expert this is all from experience i have been were you are now so i am living proof that you can control this thing and live a better life dont hesitate to contact me if you need any more support roy

i just don't feel i can cope any longer with this and my acid has been playing up since sunday night burning just below my ribs and bad watery mouth i REALLY NEED ADVICE on what to do xx

blueangel
17-03-11, 11:13
It sounds to me as though you need to go back to your GP, but talk to him/her about anxiety, rather than how your stomach is feeling - as that sounds to me as though it's a direct effect of all the anxiety. Has your Gp ever suggested that you be referred to the local mental health team? I think you need more support than you're getting, and maybe getting a CPN on the case would help you, as you would get a bit more "professional" time.

You say you cold turkey-ed off medication, so I presume that you don't want to go back on it again. If that's the case, then that's fine as it's your choice, but you need to discuss what your other options are if you don't want medication at the moment.

honeyp1e
17-03-11, 13:56
It sounds to me as though you need to go back to your GP, but talk to him/her about anxiety, rather than how your stomach is feeling - as that sounds to me as though it's a direct effect of all the anxiety. Has your Gp ever suggested that you be referred to the local mental health team? I think you need more support than you're getting, and maybe getting a CPN on the case would help you, as you would get a bit more "professional" time.

You say you cold turkey-ed off medication, so I presume that you don't want to go back on it again. If that's the case, then that's fine as it's your choice, but you need to discuss what your other options are if you don't want medication at the moment.

what is CPN ??

nomorepanic
17-03-11, 14:30
community psychiatric nurse

suzy-sue
17-03-11, 14:35
It stands for Community Psychiactric Nurse .. Are you still eating a lot of sugary food like biscuits Honeypie ? These will cause acid .You need to go see your Dr and maybe gets some real help for this eating problem you have .You dont eat the right food and this is causing your stomache/ bowel problems .T/c SUE X

honeyp1e
17-03-11, 15:18
It stands for Community Psychiactric Nurse .. Are you still eating a lot of sugary food like biscuits Honeypie ? These will cause acid .You need to go see your Dr and maybe gets some real help for this eating problem you have .You dont eat the right food and this is causing your stomache/ bowel problems .T/c SUE X

Hi & thanks

i do see a dietitian and tbh she is CRAP all she says is eat little and often i asked her what foods will be best for not triggering my acid or ibs etc.. and all she ever says is little and often not what types of food may be good for me so i just restore to bread & biscuits i dont have an appetite as it is and find it hard cooking for myself as i really worry about either it kicking off the acid, ibs or making me vomit (emetophobic) as i havent eaten a meal since xmas day christmas dinner was a first since aug and not had one hot meal since and i would like the help on how and what or when times sizes etc and my dietitian is crap x

allergyphobia
17-03-11, 15:24
http://heartburn.about.com/od/goodfoodsbadfoods/Good_Foods_Bad_Foods_For_Heartburn_Sufferers_Acid_ Reflux_Diet.htm

Katie6
17-03-11, 16:45
Have you always had acid problems or is it a recent thing? as if it is a recent thing, maybe you are stuck in a viscious circle. The main issue that is most likely causing all your digestive issues is your emetophobia, your fear is playing havoc with your body, and you seem to have so much anxiety around eating, i really think that you need to focus on getting real help for that issue and everything else will get better too. if you keep avoiding eating properly, and keep trying meds and focusing on it, it will just mask the true cause and continue on and on and on. I hope i don't sound to harsh in what i am saying its just from reading your posts, i can see how you are stuck in a rut. I know it is hard, and that us anxiety sufferers will always try to find a reason for things happening, is your doctor and dietician aware of your emetophobia? are they doing anything towards helping you with this issue?

honeyp1e
18-03-11, 05:53
Have you always had acid problems or is it a recent thing? as if it is a recent thing, maybe you are stuck in a viscious circle. The main issue that is most likely causing all your digestive issues is your emetophobia, your fear is playing havoc with your body, and you seem to have so much anxiety around eating, i really think that you need to focus on getting real help for that issue and everything else will get better too. if you keep avoiding eating properly, and keep trying meds and focusing on it, it will just mask the true cause and continue on and on and on. I hope i don't sound to harsh in what i am saying its just from reading your posts, i can see how you are stuck in a rut. I know it is hard, and that us anxiety sufferers will always try to find a reason for things happening, is your doctor and dietician aware of your emetophobia? are they doing anything towards helping you with this issue?

hi yes am stuck in a big rut right now yea my doctor/ dietiitian/ counsellor all no am emetophobic i have an hypnotist appointment for wed :D hopefully this will help me out alot more i havent always had the acid problems they only started when i stopped eating as its a big circle in aug 2010 i went cold turkey off my citalopram then a fews weeks after stopping them i had the worse withdrawals so then lost all appetite which i do with my anxiety anyway its just circled from there as i have been emetophobic since 11 am now 28 and before not eating etc its never really bothered me unless i was really ill but since not eating etc i was getting so sick and the more sick i felt from not eating my anxiety n phobia was getting worse x