PDA

View Full Version : Scared pls reply

flamarella
15-03-11, 00:22
:weep: IM TERRIFIED OF AIDS... .. like i cry all the time!!! and i see it the word AIDS everywhere and i think its a sig.. does that happen to anyone??? do you think its a sign .. PLEASE REPLY

seekingpeace
15-03-11, 02:20
You could try looking up AIDS under health anxiety. I don't think it's a sign. Hope that makes you feel a little bit better.

If you are worried, a simple blood test can tell you.

Crying all the time is a sign of depression, not AIDS. Are you taking anything for depression? Talk to your doctor about your fear and the fact that you can't stop crying. You could look under natural things for depression too (foods to boost your mood, vitamins, supplements). There is so much OTC at grocery stores or vitamin shops. The world is stressed out! Look under the link thread for meditation links.

Smile:)

blueangel
15-03-11, 09:09
Also, there are a couple of other things to remember about HIV/AIDS

* unless you've had unprotected sex with someone from one of the African nations where it is rife, or have had unprotected sex with someone who is high risk, it is still pretty rare in terms of of the percentage of people in the US population who carry it
* since AIDS first really came into the news 30 years ago, there has been a lot of progress in treatments for it - it used to be a death sentence, but now it's a disease that can be lived with for long periods

angelique
15-03-11, 10:29
:weep: IM TERRIFIED OF AIDS... .. like i cry all the time!!! and i see it the word AIDS everywhere and i think its a sig.. does that happen to anyone??? do you think its a sign .. PLEASE REPLY

Oh hunny, I know what you mean and it is not a sign! I think when we focus on something too much it ends up appearing all over the place. I remember years ago I was terrified about death and wouldn't you know it? - everywhere I went I would come across funeral parlours or I would drive past hearses - I was so paranoid that I too was convinced it was a sign but it wasn't. As soon as I shifted my focus away from this fear I never noticed driving past funeral parlours again. Hugs to you xxx

Miss Kitty
15-03-11, 11:57
You poor thing. This fear is just your anxiety playing havoc with you and it's decided to make you focus on AIDS (could have been cancer, brain tumour anything really). As long as you practice safe sex and you're not an intravenous drug user you really don't have much to worry about honest:hugs:

Also, as a previous poster said, even if the worst happened, it's not an automatic death sentence. I have a friend who's been HIV positive for over 10 years and is in rude health thanks to good medication. I lost two people to AIDS in the '80's so I won't underplay what a dreadful disease it was be but just take care of yourself and you'll be fine.