PDA

View Full Version : Hi my name is Petula and I am a panic sufferer

petula
15-03-11, 03:59
Hi I love animals ,I particularly love cats,I have a wee dog at present as I recently lost my cat through old age and she was too sick to live any longer she had to be put to sleep,her name was Mitsy a beautiful smallish black cat with a little white chin,I miss her and often think I can hear her little meow ?.My dog loves television too and watches it along with me and she seems to have some kind of real intelligence for a dog!,I say things to her and she responds fascinating to watch at times,today we went out and bought her a hamburger just the small ones,she ate every bit and I'd swear she even liked the tomato sauce!!!.
Seriously though I am a Mother with all of my three children adults grown and married and with their own children,so I am a young Grandmother.I am still shy an dstill fearful after years of trying to find the elixir to anxiety free living,I shop as little as I can and I am getting worried of late as I seem to be giving up on shopping atall.if I can I do, I am on propanalol and I find this is helping a bit.Am just experimenting with this.So intend going to the shops with propanalol helping me and see what happens.I found it calms me and I feel tired a lot too though>Please write as I'd love to make some friends online) petula

diane07
15-03-11, 04:08
Hi petula

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

weeble40
15-03-11, 04:25
welcome along, hope to see you in chat some time

Emms

shoegal
15-03-11, 05:36
Hello and welcome to NMP. I also suffer from anxiety and I have a little dog who likes watching TV too! In fact he sometimes growls at tigers on the screen (I'm not sure if he realises how big they really are)! :)

blue moon
15-03-11, 06:08
Hello Petula:DI have anxiety too,but managing OK.hope you like site
Petra x:flowers:

scottishcantona
15-03-11, 12:40
Hi Petula im 39 with six kids ranging from 20 today down to 4 my youngest, i am also a grandpa !!!!! just started citalopram half an hour ago after going to drs yesterday, suffer panic disorder/Gad/social anxiety on and off for the past 12 years. Fourth time on ssri. Have high blood pressure so which is controlled with lisinoprol so they tried me on propranolol but i could,nt hack it. Yesterday was also the first time i have ever been referred for cbt and i have seen numerous drs over this period. Anyway i hope you find some support and help on this site and i am always around if you want to bounce anything around. Lots of love and hugs for now and hope we all get as well as we can and SOON x