PDA

View Full Version : Heart anxiety bad over the last couple of days am i normal

ktg123
15-03-11, 10:18
Hi everyone just a quick question does anyone else have a strong heartbeat in their stomach that you can see your stomach moving with every beat strongly :scared15: also do you think its normal for your heart to be beating normal then all of a sudden race for a couple of beats then back to normal? Im just going through a realy bad couple of days the anxiety seems to have got a very strong hold on me at the minute :weep:
Im not helping myself though as i seem to be taking my pulse all the time which i think is making it stay in the 90s constantly Thanks for reading :)

oldtime
15-03-11, 10:32
Sounds normal for someone with health anxiety.

If you have not had an ECG you probably should make an appointment with the doctor to get it checked out. However it is most likely to be ectopic beats that are common and harmless. When you have health anxiety you become very aware of your heart beat. Try to stop taking your pulse and do something that will take your mind off it.

ell1877
15-03-11, 11:00
Yes I can see my stomach move with my heartbeat don't worry you are fine it's normal if there was something wrong with your heart you would have other symptoms not this

Your heartbeat feels different because you are making yourself aware of it that's all it's always done the same I suspect but you've never taken any notice and when your anxious it gets faster it's your body's natural reaction

Like mohc says try and occupy yourself and not concentrate on your heartbeat

Xx

emmawalton
15-03-11, 11:07
hi i had problems with my heart or so i thought, had two ecgs as the first was not clear enough, as you can imagine this caused real anxiety but all was ok, it was just anxiety related.

ktg123
15-03-11, 14:53
Hi thanks for the replies :) I have had a ecg and blood tests about 4 months ago and everything was ok except they said i suffer from tachycardia and told me to stop with caffeine and chocolate and now i know ive got to stop taking my pulse every 5 minutes :wacko: its just at the minute all I seam to find myself thinking about is my heart.xx

melvin
15-03-11, 18:21
hi mate
i have had this lots of times that's a main artery from Ur heart when u r stressed u can feel it also my doc says if Ur thin you can feel it more