PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks

jobush
17-08-03, 20:48
Hi i am new to this site, i have suffered panic attacks for the last 12years and i am only 22. I have been on everything from beta blockers and valium 2 anti-depressents. I have had 2leave uni and all my friends have dis-owned me coz i have been like this for so long. I haven't left the house now for nearly 3months. I have 2b forced 2go 2work and its only down the road. I lean on my mum 2much and i think i am ruining her life to. councilling doesnt work because i am a very open person anyay. I need 2have a life this has gone on long enough now. I don't get the conventional panic attack really i just tend 2feel really sick all the time. No helped by me being a born worrier. If anyone has any ideas of what i can try next i would be very grateful. Feel free 2email me at jobush@fsmail.net.
Thank-you

Joanne
18-08-03, 09:20
Hi Jobush,
Sorry to hear your friends dis-owned you. That's hurtful- but real friends would have supported you.
I know how u feel...I missed out on uni and working and a normal social life.
Have you tried any alternative therapies such as yoga/ hypnotherapy etc?
Now you've found this site- you'll be able to read about how others cope with it/ overcome it. You'll also meet some nice people ( see chat room!) and realise you are definitely NOT alone!
All the best, take it easy- you can beat it,

Joanne x

bishop
18-08-03, 13:23
hi jobush
hey there you are not alone,there are more people with panic attacks
than you think,i worry all the time about work,but people thinkings
have got too change,at the moment im also trying to please every one,worrying about everyone,what people think,can be a worry,but you are a nice person worrying about people,coping with attacks is a job in its self ,take cre .bish

smudga
19-08-03, 04:49
Hi JB, yeah those "friend" weren't true friends. Real friends stick by u through thick and thin.

Do u do much exercise. Perhaps u could get an exercise bike or treadmill. Exercise makes people feel alive and healthy! Also tr to laugh everyday. Just laugh whenever wherever u r. U'll feel better. Maybe brighten up your bedroom aswell with nice pics.

Ciao

jobush
19-08-03, 21:43
Have tried everything, not relaxed enough for hypnosise. Tried it. Have a tendancy to give up 2 easily if the feelings overwhelm me. My tredmill arrives tomorrow so i will be getting some exercise. I can't give up though if things don't work in an instance than i think they never will. Suppose i just think negatively about everthing. Maybe it's my depressing job. Can't change that though until i get my confidence back. Just have to work on leaving the house now. Hard when u feel like crap all the time.

Jen84
20-08-03, 13:48
hey jobush
im 19 and i have suffered from panic attacks for two years. Im like you i depend on my mum sooo much and at times i have trouble leaving the house, she actually pushs me out. I know what you mean about feeling sick all the time i have that too!Try to stay positive and keep smiling :) i find its the only thing that helps sometimes!
Jen x

Jo
20-08-03, 14:55
Ho Jobush - I am 23 and have suffered with panic attacks for a year! I too, had to leave university for a year, however I have returned just recently in order to finish my course.

Sorry to sound harsh Jobush, but the friends that disowned you aren't worthy enough to be called friends. Just think of us all posting you messages as your new friends - people who really do understand you.

Feel free to e-mail me at: J.C.Hocking@wlv.ac.uk

Stay positive - things will get better I am sure!

Jo xxxx

bishop
29-08-03, 16:02
hi jobush
im just doing exams at college starts again in september also not looking forward too meeting new people in the class,some no i have attacks,but the ones that dont must think in a right nut,find it a lot harder too learn,can always be perfect.
bish