PDA

View Full Version : lighting and computer screen

fed up with it
06-04-06, 07:57
Hi, does anyone else get really bad symptoms from flourescent light especially in big closed in stores, i feel like im going to collaspe in them and get a horrilble down type feeling, and feels like my legs are going to go. And i get the same looking at the computer screen, can get a real bad vertigo feeling on it, one day i was looking up things on line and when i looked up from the screen, it felt like my body and head where going backwards even though i was still. Then my heart started pouinding. any one else with these symptoms?

c.lambert

Karen
06-04-06, 08:29
Hi fed up with it

Yes this is common. Have a read of some of these posts:

problems with light (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2390)
HIGH CEILINGS AND FLOURESCENT LIGHTS?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3088)

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

fed up with it
06-04-06, 09:13
Thanks karen, i have read these just now, very much the same as i feel, thanks it is common then.

c.lambert

mandie
06-04-06, 12:03
hi fed up with it

i get this especially when im in the big supermarkets. I feel like im not real, then get panicky and need to get out.

The same with the computer too.

love mandie

arethaire
06-04-06, 23:13
I feel like this quite often in Supermarkets/Malls. Just last week I'm glad I had the trolley to support me as I really felt I was going to faint (I never have, touch wood!!!) I get it at the PC too ......

Cath x

delta
08-04-06, 22:27
I hate flourescent lighting, it started years ago, I was in a busy supermarket and suddenly felt very dizzy and the lighting was flickering, I started having blurred vision and I could only just about find my way back to the car, I had to call for help to come and get me cos I couldn't drive, I found out later it was a migraine, since then I have been scared that the same thing will happen and was triggered by the lighting, so if I am under flourescent lighting too long I get PAs, it's horrible, I feel dizzy and have to get outside to fresh air. :( Sorry I probably gave too much informaion there but I wanted to say I know how you feel and that also computer screens have a similar effect, worse now I have a flat screen monitor!!

fed up with it
09-04-06, 13:41
Hi isn't it horrible, got a similar thing yesterday got out the car, a friend was driving and walked into gregs to get a cake, instantly felt dizzy not spinning like i was going to faint, even my ears went a bit ****led, then i think the panic set in my chest was tight, my heart racing, and i kept yawning after what was that? Is this what you feel like your blood pressure dropped?

c.lambert