PDA

View Full Version : Panic triggered by phone call to dentist

Hiccup
15-03-11, 11:17
I have just phoned the dentist to make an appointment for June. I have this underlying concern that they are hiding something from me because I keep having to go back every 6 months (hubby goes once a year! same dentist). this time they said I had to fill out a medical form (my daughter too who is 5!) before the appointment. Well that was it. Got hot then started feeling anxious. I know that I am being silly but I just can't help it. I asked the receptionist last time I went why I had to go back in 6 months rather than a year and she said they were probably 'keeping an eye on something' which didn't help. I keep trying to rationalise it but it is hard work. I can't concentrate and nothing seems important. I have been good with my HA up until today! :weep:

avasnana
15-03-11, 11:34
Hi Hiccup,

My husband has to go back to the dentist every six months for a check up and his teeth are perfectly fine. It is just our dentist's policy for 6 month check ups probably becuase they make more money that way.

Try not to worry :)

Miss Kitty
15-03-11, 11:38
Six monthly checks used to be standard at all dentists Hiccup. Try not to worry too much. At least you'll have lovely teeth:D

jothenurse
15-03-11, 11:42
I go every 6 months for cleaning. It's pretty standard that way.

rosi
15-03-11, 11:51
I and my children go every six months too, there's nothing sinister about it. :)

bloxy
15-03-11, 12:30
We have 6 monthly check ups too and whenever I've been I haven't even needed a filling, just a bit of a clean up. I wouldn't worry:hugs: