PDA

View Full Version : back again...

heather-x
15-03-11, 19:20
well i thought the last of it was gone! i suffer from panic attacks i have been on and off medication for the last 3 years its been awful. i recently just started work as a waitress and i dont know if its too much for me..i thought i was ready but now im not sure. i keep getting the heat rush like panics about to start and im terrified i will faint! i always get the tunnel vision like im gonna go down but i fight it. went to the doctors today they advise me to go back to therapy..personaly i dont think it works but im coming off my tablets and ill need something to help me along. does anyone else have a fear of fainting? i feel like am abit nuts. i drink heavy aswell and i know it doesnt help issues but im trying to change.

jothenurse
16-03-11, 00:24
I frequently get frightened because I get lightheaded and feel faint sometimes with my anxiety. It's very frightening, but I keep trying to tell myself it is just the anxiety. I don't drink, because even if I have a half a glass of wine, I get kind of spacey which reminds me of my panicky feelings, so I just don't have anything but pop, water, juice or milk. I think it would be helpful if you stayed away from alcohol.
Hope things get better for you.

heather-x
17-03-11, 12:31
thanks jothenurse, im off work the now but im hoping to go back tomorrow its such a horrible feeling. im going to relax this weekend to see if that helps, thanks for the advice :)