PDA

View Full Version : artrial afibrillation (sorry Spelling)

lorraine
16-03-11, 15:16
hi everybody

just read a magazine in the dentist all about artrial afibrillation i have convinced myself that i have this im petrified i am going to have a blood clot and die!!!!

I have had three of these really fast heartbeat blood pressure rising to 168/109 that lasts for about an hour. They have been spaced out i had my first one three years ago then one 8 months later then another two years later. i always feel drained for about a day after.

have been to my doctor when first had the attack. Sent me for treadmill test, echo, bloods, ct calcium score. everything ok.

since my first attack i have had the eptopic beats which i did tell my doctor about he said they were anxiety. I also sometimes get short bursts of palpatations lasting for a few secs or a couple of minutes. Now i am worried i have been suffering with this all along nobody is aware that i should be taking tablets for it or im going to end up with a blood clot the next time it happens. Sorry about the spelllings on hjere im shaking soo much.

can anybody give me some reassureance.

Lorraine

lorraine
16-03-11, 16:14
hi

anybody help?

lorraine

linjoy
16-03-11, 16:23
hi lorraine
Both my son and husband have a.f. and the obvious signs are very irregular heartbeats which are picked up by ecg. so if you have had an e.c.g , echo scan etc.,and everything is ok you have not got atrial fibrillation.
It can be treated once picked up so don,t worry. ectopic heart beats are totally different.
Hope I,ve been of some help
Linda

lorraine
16-03-11, 16:31
hi linda

thanks for your reply. when having my treadmill, echo, other tests i was not having the actual attack would they still no if it was af. Sorry to keep on asking.

Lorraine

linjoy
16-03-11, 16:50
yes iregular heart beat is there all the time
and it would show up on your echo scan.
Linda

lorraine
16-03-11, 17:10
hi linda

I did have a slight irregularity on the ecg but, they said when i went for all the tests wasnt a problem because heart tests were all ok.

Thanks for your replies they really have put me at ease.

Lorraine

linjoy
16-03-11, 18:00
from what I,ve been told an echo cardiogram ( scan ) is the definative test for problems with the heart if that's ok heart is ok.
If your worried mention to your gp and ask him about slight irregularity but I don't think there is much to worry about.Have you had a 24 hour heart monitor?Any irregularity is usually picked up by your gp from an e.c.g
Linda

lorraine
16-03-11, 18:32
hi

no not had 24hr monitor. They were not at all worried about the slight irregularity said that was just how my heart is. heart structure absolutely fine pumping action of heart really good and my calcium score was 0.

thanks for taking the time to explain everything linda.

lorraine