PDA

View Full Version : Confusion

uk23
16-03-11, 16:13
This normal with anxiety? Ive never really had it before but noticed it more and more over the last few weeks. Also things like memory issues and stuff

Holding two items in one hand, one rubbish and one my lighter. Instead of putting the rubbish in the bin I put the lighter there.
Going into rooms and not knowing what i went for.
Thinking the correct word but saying, or typing, the wrong one
etc

shoegal
16-03-11, 16:18
I do those sorts of things all the time!

Once I started putting dog food into the bin instead of into the dog's bowl and it was only when my dog sat under the bin and started crying that I realised what I was doing!!! :blush:

Greenman50
16-03-11, 16:27
I,ve always been like that aswell .lol.. Thats just normal for me .

kah
16-03-11, 16:29
Me too. My most common thing is to go to the fridge and stand there for ages looking but not knowing what I wanted!!! I've got worse since the birth of my daughters!!

K xx

uk23
16-03-11, 16:35
I only worry as its new, but if its normal then i guess i should try to not worry.

shoegal
16-03-11, 16:59
I think everyone does this sort of thing occasionally but it's worse in anxiety sufferers because we lose our concentration more easily.

KK77
16-03-11, 18:14
You're not going mad are you Piers? Hehe.

I think it's common with anxiety cos our brains are constantly occupied with something (usually worrying).

Anyway, what was your question?

suzy-sue
16-03-11, 18:31
Its something thats always happenend to me .I used to get worse during my Monthlys .Ive always got more than one thing on my mind and mulitasking ,Can be pretty annoying when you have just come downstairs and forgot what you went up for tho .:doh:Keeps you fit if nothing else ..sue

Lola-Lee
17-03-11, 02:30
I put my purse in the fridge,locked my car keys in the car had to call NRMA cost me $80 to get them out,and left my homework at work last night,I had to drive into the city to get it,my mind must be elsewhere:mad:
Lola

honeyp1e
17-03-11, 03:44
omg i do all these things all the time i end up standing upstairs for about an hour thinking of why i went up there in the first place or put the wrong thing in the bin then end up searching the house for it after wards thinking I've lost whatever it was i put n the bin

Phoenix_
17-03-11, 09:37
I have recently been that way too. Trying to coordinate myself and saying wrong things. But as health anxiety sufferers I think we notice it more, and then because we see it as a symptom of something we worry more, making us more confused. Like a vicious circle. I know when I am doing something and am completely distracted from my anxiety I am less confused. And its normal when your mind is focused on something else, to slip up!