PDA

View Full Version : anxiety over train journey please help :(

misskitty
16-03-11, 16:31
I have to take a train journey later plus a taxi journey to the station. Doing it alone, get major panic and anxiety and phobia of trains. Scared because they wobble and i feel travel sick.. its only a 15 minute journey but i hate it so much.. any helpful advice appreciated.

ames
16-03-11, 17:26
Hi
Have you a friend or relative you can call while on the train? My sister used to suffer really badly on trains, buses and in cars and found that calling me eased her anxiety. I know it's distraction but it really helped her to see that nothing bad was going to happen. She has now even taken a new job which means she has to take a 20 min train journey to and from work daily!! She also used to buy a magazine and listen to music if I wasn't available which I think helped. You will be fine, as everyone keeps saying to me, what's the worst that can happen?
I hope this helps. Xx

minxlaura
26-05-13, 16:09
hi there i am scared of travelling on trains too :( i feel all panicky and hate the thought of getting stuck as i am claustrophobic. x

Spot-the-frog
26-05-13, 16:13
Giving someone a ring is a good idea to take your mind off things. How about listening to some relaxation stuff on your mp3/ipod? An easy to read magazine? Breathing slowly will help to calm you.

Hope all goes well for you, let us know how you get on?