PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy/blood pressure

toria
16-03-11, 17:24
hi can anyone tell me what is a ideal blood pressure i am 22 weeks pregnant and i have become worried about blood pressure well it is my worry at the moment with my HA my friend checked it today on her home bp machine and it was 138/76 and then a few mins later it was 119/76 is that ok or not i was at work at the time i have had it checked before at appointments and it is always ok i am just worried about it any help would be helpful thanks toria xx

nomorepanic
16-03-11, 19:01
Both those readings are fine but you should also check with your GP as he will have previous readings on record to compare them to.

toria
16-03-11, 22:05
thanks for the reply glad it is ok dont no much about blood pressure i will check with gp thanks again xx

bluetopazgirl
20-03-11, 20:50
I would say there fine sweet I had preeclampsia with both my babies and highest my blood went was 140/120 which is high!! Pre pregnancy my bp is high already usually around 120/85 hope this helps your midwife will be able to clarify xx

scaredstiff695
20-03-11, 22:03
hi
i would say they were fine i had pre-eclampsia and mine never dropped below the90
bottom number and had med to keep it at that.
remember your blood pressure does rise slightly in pregnancy any way x