PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a serial worrier!!

Jo3016
06-04-06, 14:25
HI all
Good to see others like me!

I am a 34 year old mother of two small children. I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks on and off since I was 15 years old. More recently, I have had hypochondria which seems to be mostly seasonal. During the Winter, I suffer from many ailments which I believe to be life threatening. It has been a lot worse since I had the children Being a parent makes you very aware of your own mortality.

However, it is Spring now and rather uncharacteristically, I am feeling very anxious and stressed. I am putting it down to preparing to move house (1st time with the kids) and all the financial worries that go with it. I have palpitations a lot of the time and I can almost feel the adrenelin rushes. My muscles feel tight and I am jumpy and jittery. I am also aware that I am over breathing all the time which makes me feel dizzy. I have been to the doctors and had blood tests for anaemia and thyroid problems.

I know it is all in my head but it doesn't make it any easier to get rid of!!
Are you all in similar situations?

Kind regards

Jo.

Jo Fitzgerald

Alexandra
06-04-06, 14:29
Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Good luck with the house move, just come on anytime when you feel you need to get things out your system, it will help to talk it all through & get some advice & extra support.

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Southern_Belle
06-04-06, 14:41
Jo,

Love the phrase serial worrier, so fits me! Yes, we all seem to worry more once we become parents, our world opens to worry more it seems. Moving also is very stressful, but you will see it will be ok. The tests for anemia and thyroid are good though. I have both and they are treatable. If you ever want to talk pm me. You will find loads of help on this site. Welcome.

Bel

lisarose
06-04-06, 14:45
Hi Jo, Welcome to the site, you will get loads of help and support here and you will find that you are not alone with your concerns about your health as I have had exactly the same thing as you and I agree that being a parent does make you aware of your own mortality. My anxiety and panic attacks started after I had my son in 2000 and it took a long time for me to accept that all the horrible bodily symptoms were due to anxiety and not some terrible disease. I became completely obsessed with my health but i have learned to accept the symptoms for what they are and although I still suffer general anxiety my panic attacks seem to be under control.
Moving house is very stressful as I moved in 2002 and would never do it again!!!! Are you on any medication? maybe this would help to get you through this stressful time in your life.
Hope everything goes well with the move.
Take care
Love Lisax

Piglet
06-04-06, 15:31
A big welcome to the site :D

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
06-04-06, 17:13
Hi Jo

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

trac67
07-04-06, 11:49
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
08-04-06, 17:00
Hi Jo

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Nicola