PDA

View Full Version : Random anxiety patterns.

evilbob
16-03-11, 19:48
Hello!

I'm new to this forum but certainly not a stranger to anxiety. I'm not here to grumble and complain because I'm very aware that everyone is here because it's bloody difficult to live with this stuff.

After a great couple of years I've spent the last six months struggling with my anxiety but the weird thing is that I can go for days and weeks with very low or even no anxiety and then I'll wake up and have days/weeks of high level anxiety...with no obvious trigger. I'm still functioning fine but I don't really understand the ups and downs that I'm experiencing. In the past I've had ongoing symptoms with no relief...but this is seemingly random. I'm thinking about patterns relating to hormones, foods I've eaten, the amount/quality of sleep I have...even if it's full moon!
Is this on-off-on-off anxiety typical of any particular anxiety disorder (I was diagnosed with OCD some years back, but am on top of those particular symptoms)? Does anyone else have these dramatic, sporadic and seemingly random changes?

Any info/insight would be appreciated!

Cheers

LoneRider
22-03-11, 12:30
Sounds similar to how I feel and I'm new to the site too but suffered on and off for a number of years but this spate is effecting my work a great deal of which in turn in making me panic.

Doctors don't really seem interested unless I want drugs or feels I need to be well and truely over the edge to get them to see what I see and feel.

I seem to either suffer panic like anxiety or feel physically ill sickness or body aches/pains.

But as you say these can come and go with no reason.

Mazzmate
22-03-11, 19:35
Hi, well, you've pretty much described exactly how it happens with me too, totally random anxiety attacks, and like you I can feel so good for a few days and be getting on with my life quite happily and then....I either have a bad night or just wake up in the morning filled with angst and dread. I question what I have eaten the day before, what events, however trivial, could have contributed to it, I really do feel the need to understand this and what we are saying are random events, because I do believe there must be some trigger, either physical, emotional or whatever, that I am missing. I have to say I get frustrated with myself, cross with myself, I tell myself how pointless all of it is, I try to find what secondary gain I may achieve by these attacks because if I hate them so much and they affect my life and make me miserable then there is no gain...is there?? :blush: