PDA

View Full Version : major headache w/strep

JAYQ
17-03-11, 02:18
Hey everyone! I went to the doctor today because the last 4 days i have been running fever and getting chills and fever sweats when i sleep. Waking up with a very sore throat. The doc said it looks like i have strep throat. :(

Well the last few days especially today my head has been hurting all over on both sides of temples, back of my neck muscles ache real bad too. The headache is so bad it makes me dizzy at times. Is this normal at all for strep throat??

seekingpeace
17-03-11, 03:36
Are you taking an antibiotic for the strep? Are you taking anything for the fever/aches? You can have headaches but if it continues for more than another day and your fever continues GO BACK!!! Don't mess with strep because it can cause secondary infections.

I only say this because I had strep as a child and it developed into a blood disease where I bled internally. I was in the hospital for weeks....

Call your Dr. and ask tomorrow morning just to be safe. It is only a phone call. You are not being anxious on this topic-be safe and proactive.

JAYQ
17-03-11, 03:40
I am taking amoxicillen