PDA

View Full Version : Getting old is hell but not getting old is worse I suppose

looking4answers
17-03-11, 05:44
Hi all,

I have been so down for the last few days and not sure of just why..I am afraid of getting old yet im afraid of not getting old..

If that in fact makes any sense..I have just been depressed like something inside me triggering depression which im not used to..I am anxious and have anxiety but im not use to depression.

I just realize today that im never going to feel better. I could go to the doctors but they are probably going to make me feel worse.. so im hoping I can wing it through my little crisis for now..

We moved 2000 miles southeast of where we were living. Yes that altitude was hard and the lack of oxygen was hard too.It took us five years to get used to the altitude and the cold and the seclusion..

Now we are back at sea level and tropical lush plants and lots and lots of flowers and things that give harsh allergies even pollution..something that we haven't been accustom to in five years..

We lost our immunity to the plants and grasses and flowers and the quick and unpredictable weather changes etc.. of the southern United States..We also have had to re acclimate to a major climate change..

Im starting to realize the things I blamed on where we lived were not the actual cause of how i felt..Now Im finding that they are now.. in someways,

Everyone gets real bad respiratory illnesses here and colds and flu from the weather changes and the allergens that are floating around. I am really realizing that my life has passed me by and the aging is catching up with me in the worst way,

I know that a lot of you will say go to the doctor..frankly speaking im afraid those doctors will kill you .Im just not wanting to go for one thing makes me nervous and upset..

In the last few months since we have been here I have experienced aches and pains of major proportions,head aches ,ear aches and neck aches,

My stomach feels bloated everytime I eat something and my prostate stays in a constant state of being inflamed back and forth.When my prostate isn't bothering me then im having aches and pains and headaches and stomach aches and my legs hurt..also bouts with respiratory things like allergens and colds and viruses..

Then if everything clears up I start getting rashes on my arms and hands .. it seems like everyday there is something bizarre happening to me. Can't I just feel good just one day?????????????????????????????????????????????

Im so sick of feeling miserable but scared to death to go to the doctor and something tells me this isn't something the doctor is going to help me with other than give me anti depression meds.. Or a pill for this and a pill for that.

Is that anyway to live to age to look forward to my later years.. Geez.. Yes I know doctor rutherford or whatever his name is starts his day walking five miles a day at 4am in the morning comes back in and takes a swim and plans his day over a brisk morning breakfast and writes columns and does medical conferences and all at 100 years old..

Yeah well good for him.. and good for others.. I would like a pity party please? lol. Anyway like I was saying.. in the last few days there has been a wave of depression sweep over me as I am thrust upon the worries of feeling worse and worse as i age and the chances of getting major illnesses,.

Im most ways it just doesn't seem worth it.. I feel like I wish it would all just stop.. then I think there must be something that is worthwhile to me to keep me going.. I haven't really thought of much that seems like its worth it but then again Im not sure im ready for my world to end right now..

I guess we are never ready.. I just want to have a day every once in awhile I don't have something going on with me.. Im only 56 and many of my family lived well into their 90's but how in the heck did they do it?

I guess I am just venting ,because I guess i never thought I would be this age and have to endure the things that others do.I guess I thought I was super man.. Or just had poor planning.

Please don't tell me to go to the doctor .. just say something supportive.. some positive thoughts, something to distract me.. or something to make me feel younger.. If you are older than me please don't tell me about your extreme sports that you do or you walk 15 miles a day or bike 20 miles a day etc.. Just say something I can live with. .Like I said its hell to get old and hell not to .. what say you ?

mercer88
17-03-11, 06:52
I'm 23 years old. My muscles ache after most sorts of strain and, when one part of my body or another isn't aching, my head is! And if it isn't, there's generally a friend, relative or other loved one nearby to give me ear-ache about something! Not to mention the fact that I have recently discovered my anxiety condition; which essentially makes me an unfit, anti-social, mental patient.

My dad, who is younger than you are, can't wake up in the morning without a medical complaint. He coughs up what looks like a jellyfish at least once an hour, and sounds like a woman giving birth to a grizzly bear every time he needs to take a leak.

My brother, who is only a couple of years older than me has a heart problem, a chronic stomach condition, and a bad attitude (possibly not medically important in regard to this post; but worth mentioning).

We all have our little niggles; whatever age we are. But life, and it's infinite beauties is finer than waking up one morning to discover you've got a bum knee, allergens up your hooter, or a prostate inflated like a zeppelin. And even if it isn't, our replies are well worth the complaints. :D

:yesyes: Keep your chin up buddy. We'll always be here to support you. :yesyes:

looking4answers
18-03-11, 19:06
Hi... just wanted to say thank you... I do feel better since your post. Michael

Zee
24-03-11, 15:00
I missed that post about walking 5 miles per day at 4am in morning :ohmy:.. I dont even know what day it is at 10 am in the morning let alone 4 am!!

I remember the days when I felt like wonder woman haha.. I worked full time, ran a home,walked the dog, cooked, gardening, hobbies and so on.. now its all so different. The aches started about 10 years ago, mostly my own doing by bad posture on pc. It comes and goes. The first ever bout of anxiety hit 11 years ago and I got it under control within 8 months. Nothing more happened for 11 years..Then 12 months ago...anxiety/depression:shrug:.This time its harder to cope with, perhaps because its a first time dealing with depression for me.

haynsey
26-03-11, 01:22
Hi,
Im 38years, and always get aches and pains have done for the last 10years of my life.
I remember them days to, when i could go the gym and run and have a busy work life as well, but now l feel old and tired all the time, since i have been diagnosed with GAD disorder.
angie x

melvin
26-03-11, 16:30
hi guys
im 50 this sep i was feeling down about it but when i saw Ur replies i guess im not doing to bad i go to the gym regular i am in fair health to say iv smoked all my life .iv had health anxiety since i was in my 20s it never goes u just learn to cope i suppose

looking4answers
20-04-11, 18:49
Hi Melvin,

Just now saw your post.Im 56 now going on 57 ... Funny when I was 50 i seem to be like superman ... I didnt know I was 50 but right after that about 52 is when everything went to the dos ,so to speak...I suddenly realized how old I was and how bad I felt... very strange indeed. Itoo have had anxiety all my life .. what a waste huh? Anyway thnks to everyone that chimed in including you Melvin