PDA

View Full Version : Have you felt these?

kst101
17-03-11, 08:08
So here's where I'm at. Coping reasonably well with most of my anxiety symptons - apart from one....The hideous head pain/sensations/instant zaps, don't really know what to call them. Would love to know that i am not the only one. Been back to docs 4 times over last 6 months, he seems so totally unconcerned about them, but i well and truly have the fear back again. Can't let go of the nagging feeling that something dreadful is about to happen. Sometimes these milisecond instant pains leave me in a full on panic, complete with dizzy sickness and head rush, but then i don't know how much of this i have brought on through panic. It's driving me mad, affecting my life and worrying the hell out of me. Don't think it helps that my father died suddenly of a brain hemmorage. My doctor has told me that this is not hereditory, and that put me at rest for a while. But we all know how powerful this fear that absorbs us is, and it was only a matter of time before that nasty little voice telling me he was wrong was back. If anyone has experianced what i have described in thier head it would help me no end, (not that i would wish these sensations on anyone!). JUst for the record, the pains come from nowhere, at any time usually in the same top right of my head, they last for a fraction of a second, can come in clumps, don't particularly 'hurt' but make me feel gross. Sorry such a long post, but feel desperate. love to all x:weep:

holly87
17-03-11, 10:42
hi i get these all the time not to mention in my chest and limbs and virtually everywhere :( they really scare me to every ingle one of them. i get sharp pains behind my eyes too and in my head on the right hand side. and at the back in the same place. i dont consentrate on my head as much as other places on my body so i forget about the head sensations. i get a sudden pain in my head or neck an it causes me to go funny light headed and dizzy and my vision goes funny too. so i know what your going through its not nice. and i too cant convince myself its anxiety because its hard like you say when that voice of unreasonable doubt pops up. i know the feeling of the pains and i cant explain what they feel like its not exactly painful just very very unpleasent . do you also get these pains on your body as i do? xx

kst101
17-03-11, 11:22
Hi Holly87 Thank you so much for replying, it really helps so much to not feel alone with this horrible disorder. I can't say i suffer too much with pains elsewhere, although i must say last week i had rotten chest pains, short bursts at first but then pro longed, ended up with hot water bottle across my chest, which did soothe actually. I assumed i must have pulled a muscle, although i couldn't recall anything. But a friend of mine later said that that too can be a classic anxiety sympton!, Is there anything this anxiety stuff can't do!!!. I am also wondering if my symptons may be hormonaly linked. I am 41, and also have alot of symptons of pmt, that i have never suffered with before, so who knows?? its an on going discovery of whats really going on, but for me the head pains/weird sensations are most definatly the most frightening thing. i feel like i could deal with everything else 10 fold if i could only stop them!! Hey ho. Look after yourself too x

Froggy
17-03-11, 12:49
Hi kst, I know exactly what you feel, I have experienced this, the fear that something terrible is going to happen. I hope you'll be fine soon.