PDA

View Full Version : waking in night

sarahblonde32
17-03-11, 08:45
I keep waking in night, even though ive had a couple of good days,yesterday
and today have not been so good, last night i was awake at 5am..crying..and soooo thirsty..have drunk a bottle of water n still thirsty. I have not gone to work today. Do you ever feel like u want to just disappear?last night i wanted to get in my car and drive away. Guess these are normal anxiety symptoms? I cant get rid of the thought that i have must have done something to feel like this.
Sarah:-(

tomtomfc
17-03-11, 10:21
Hi
I can relate to the wanting to disappear and drive. I felt the same a couple of years ago, like had to escape to somewhere, for.me it was the feeling of being trapped. I never did go anywhere and eventually the feelings went away when I got better. I too had lots of guilty feelings that I had done something but actually I hadn't, it was just my illness...

these thoughts and feelings will disappear eventually

Have a nice day at home :)

geejaybee
17-03-11, 17:53
I keep waking in night, even though ive had a couple of good days,yesterday
and today have not been so good, last night i was awake at 5am..crying..and soooo thirsty..have drunk a bottle of water n still thirsty. I have not gone to work today. Do you ever feel like u want to just disappear?last night i wanted to get in my car and drive away. Guess these are normal anxiety symptoms? I cant get rid of the thought that i have must have done something to feel like this.
Sarah:-(

EArly waking is a symptom of anxiety and depression. I have had this problem for over a year and its driving me mad. I regularly wake at 3am-4am and cannot get back to sleep. I am continually fatigued as a result. I have tried a variety of anti-depressants and also Olanzapine which is an anti-psychotic which is sometimes prescribed for acute anxiety problems.
Every time my sleep improved initially but after 1-4 weeks was back to waking at 3-4am.
2 weeks ago I decided that meds were not making me any better so I stopped taking anything. Since then I have hardly slept at all and I think the anxiety and the various meds have buggered up my sleep architecture. If I did not have a family I am sure I would have killed myself by now. I think about it every day and am hanging on by a thread.