PDA

View Full Version : been called for mamagram!!!!!

nanny
17-03-11, 15:21
Hi All
Don't usually like posting about myself as everyone has their own problems but I don't know what to do!

I am just coming up to 52 (old now yuk) and have just recieved a letter asking me to go for a mamagram, trouble is it's not at my local hospital which is just 10 minuets drive away it's in another town about 30 miles away, for what reason I do not know.
I suffer severe anxiety, sometimes I can't even go out so I don't want to go for it, why can't they do it at my local hospital.

I know hubby will go mad if I say i'm not going but I really can't go all that way, also it's at 9.32 (funny time) so roads will be very busy............ help what can I do??????

Sanmarbro
17-03-11, 16:17
Do you have a friend who can take you?

Sanmarbro
17-03-11, 16:19
Alternatively ask to re-schedule the appointment for when someone CAN take you. Or, phone them and ask whether the screening unit will be at a venue closer to you in the very near future.

nanny
17-03-11, 16:29
Hi sanmabro

Thank you so much for posting, it means a lot.
Panic over thank goodness!, I rang the hospital where I was meant to go and they said only reason it was there was because they had no appointments at my hospital, but it had changed since sending me the letter and I now have an appointment at the hospital in my town so I shall pluck up courage to go there.
What a relief, once again thank you for replying.
:hugs:

Sanmarbro
17-03-11, 16:36
Brilliant! Hope it all goes well.