PDA

View Full Version : Perpetuating pains - Why do we do it?!

Catalyst
17-03-11, 16:22
Today I had an annoying pain... If I tilted my head down to my left shoulder & then looked up towards the ceiling, my neck hurt like hell! How do I know this?! I just discovered it accidentally when I inadvertently got my head in this unnatural position! I think I must have just slept funny last night... :shrug:

My point is though that since I discovered that it hurt to do this, I can't seem to stop doing it! My neck is now feeling painful & tender when I just sit normally - and I'm convinced its because I've aggravated it with my incessant 'checking' & trying to replicate the pain to see if its still there :blush:

Why oh why do we feel the need to do this?! I'm sure I'm not the only way that worsens or prolongs their symptoms this way?! :doh:

Just thought I'd post to try and encourage others to stop the poking & prodding too! x

(edit: completely unrelated to the topic, but I just noticed this is my 100th post!)

bloxy
17-03-11, 16:26
My goodness, I do this too and it just makes my anxiety so much worse...never has it ever made me feel better.

nanny
17-03-11, 16:32
Hi There
It's that damn anxiety that has us checking things a hundred times a day, I am a nightmare, I can't stop worrying about things no matter how i try, oh wouldn't it be a perfect world if we could all get better.