PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety any1

soulsby8105
17-03-11, 16:25
Hi every1 i am a 37yr old lady with extreme health anxiety would love to know if there is any1 else sufering with this as i feel very isolated and alone with my thoughts.:bighug1:

diane07
17-03-11, 16:26
Hi soulsby8105

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

daybyday
17-03-11, 16:27
I struggle with health anxiety too.

miss polly
17-03-11, 17:13
I suffer from constant health anxiety. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to be 'normal'. There's not a day goes by when I'm free from it. Some days are better than others, but it's always there. At the moment I'm terrified I have oesophageal cancer (my dad died of this when he was 59) I have terrible heartburn but I'm too scared to go to the doctors so I dose myself on zantac.
A couple of months ago I was equally convinced I had bowel cancer. The list is endless. I suffer from constant anxiety and palpitations.
You have my sympathy as I know how awful this condition is. :hugs:

emmawalton
17-03-11, 17:29
your certainly not alone i am 38 and feel anxious all the time and alwasy think i am ill with something, i suffer from ibs and think that is appencitis or cancer all the time, was convinced had a heart problem a few weeks ago as had 2 ecgs but was just anxiety and asthma causing it.

daybyday
17-03-11, 17:36
I get fast heart rate, Had a couple good days last weekend. But mostly it goes up so easily. 2 ekgs were fine. Of course I worry about many other things too.

margaret jones
17-03-11, 17:55
Hi and :welcome:you are certainly not alone with your thoughts just remember that we are all here for help/advice so dont feel alone xx

mhari30
18-03-11, 09:16
I too suffer from health anxiety,im constantly worried that i'm going to have a heart attack. My heart beat always seems fast but i know in my head that its because i'm so anxious all the time and worried and thats what making my heart beat faster. I have suffered from panic attacks on and off for about 8 years,i also have IBS. I have lost contact with most of my friends due to the fact that i never want to go out or go anywhere with them because i feel so terrified all the time,its hard for people to understand unless they are going through it themseleves and i wouldn't wish this life on anyone. I just want to be "normal" again.