PDA

View Full Version : Pains - is it my heart?

ann88
17-03-11, 17:45
Ok so I was driving down the road to take my dog for a swim. Suddenly I get a tightness in my chest immediately followed by the same feeling further down, in my upper abdomen. A few seconds later, I get a pain right up the back of my neck.

I was so worried by it that I turned round and came home and my poor dog didnt get her swim! Now I'm sat at home with pains in my fingers/hands.

Does this sound heart related? I have an appointment at the doctor on Monday afternoon but I'm so worried. :weep:

margaret jones
17-03-11, 17:48
Hi Ann how are you feeling now ?? Sounds like muscule spasm maybe I get this in by chest and back

ann88
17-03-11, 17:55
Hi I feel ok, it only lasted a few seconds but it really worried me. I'm not having a panic attack or anything but I just can't seem to convince myself that I don't have some kind of undiagnosed heart problem. I'm forever getting pains in my arms, chest, everywhere. They are never agony, but they are there and they seem to just come and go as they please.

margaret jones
17-03-11, 17:59
Hi you say that you have a Dr app on Mon maybe you should mention what happened today , try and relax , not easy I know let us no how your app goes with Gp on Mon
Take Care xx

ann88
17-03-11, 18:02
Hi I will do thanks, do you think it sounds heart related? x

scaredstiff695
17-03-11, 18:07
hi i was getting these in the night mine was muscle related. sounds like you got a tight muscle then went tense because of it.

if it was you heart chick it would still be agony now and you would feel dreadfull xx

scottishcantona
17-03-11, 18:07
Hi ann, sounds very similar to some of the pains i have felt over the years, i have high blood pressure, panic disorder and anxiety, something like this sounds like a panic moment that does not always manifest as an attack, suffice to say you were ok and like margaret says mention it. I dont think it is heart related as such it is just a symptom. Best of health x

ann88
17-03-11, 18:54
Hi thanks for your replies, I've had a lot of tests before and never foundy anything wrong but every time I get the slightest symptom I'm always convinced I'm about to die and end up wanting to get home quick! I'll mention it to the doc on monday. Thanks again guys x

mhari30
18-03-11, 09:28
Hi Ann
I have suffered from panic attacks on and off for 8 years,i was fine for about 2 years but they started happening again a few weeks ago. I have the same thing as you,pain and tightness in my chest and pain/cramp in my arms,i was convinced it was something to do with my heart,kept thinking that i had an undiagnosed heart condition. Please try not to worry,its just another form of panic attack because you may have been over-breathing and maybe not realising it. Go and see your doctor to put your mind at rest but i'm sure you are fine. Let me know how it goes.x