PDA

View Full Version : Hello

LauraSmith27
17-03-11, 20:20
Hi everyone,
I'm new here, this is my first post.
I've been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks since I was about 18, so around 9 years now. For the last 6 years I have been a lot better, but recently things went downhill again and I have been off work for the last 7 weeks. I don't feel too bad while I am at home (although I do have a lot of IBS symptoms), but I am afraid to leave the house in case I have a panic attack and I can't go out very far on my own at the moment.
When I'm going to have a panic attack I feel very tense until suddenly I feel like the colour drains out of me and I become really light headed. I will then feel sick, my heart will race and I have to rush to the loo. I absolutely hate these feelings and wish it would just leave me alone!
I've found the agoraphobia section on the site and reading other people's experiences on this forum really helpful.
Hope everyone is ok.
Laura x

nomorepanic
17-03-11, 20:22
Hi LauraSmith27

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

scottishcantona
17-03-11, 20:36
Hi laura and welcome, hope you find lots of friends and support on here, look forward to seeing you around the place hugs x

Vanilla Sky
17-03-11, 21:25
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
17-03-11, 21:31
Hi Laura, welcome from a fellow agrophobia and panic sufferer. I must tell you that the support of this forum has got me to a stage where I have more good days than bad now, something I never thought Id say, after 10 years of suffering. You are right, other peoples experiences really help. Take your time to settle in and become familiar with the basic threads on panic, anx, and agro. Nice to have you with us!:welcome: