PDA

View Full Version : anxiety getting the better of me today (scared to be in my own home)

Em.ma
17-03-11, 20:44
Hi, this is so silly but my dad just turned the heating off and the boiler was making funny noises and now the corner of my radiotor is.
Also in my room at night the window makes loud noises (im forever scared of the whole wall collasping in on me)

shoegal
17-03-11, 22:21
It's not silly hun. When we are anxious our thoughts can get the better of us. Take a deep breath and tell yourself that everything is OK and the walls will NOT callapse on you. It's just your anxious mind catastrophizing.

scaredstiff695
17-03-11, 22:52
your fine hunni xx just your mind playing tricks cos your anxious and tired, mines doing it now xx

Em.ma
19-03-11, 20:27
Thank you for replying. Had friend round today and was in room and he can hear the noises to- they happen all the time.

Em.ma
03-04-11, 12:42
Sorry to bump this thread but on the outside of the house is a huge crack were i have been hearing the noises. It goes all the way accross and is quiet deep. Also sometimes i hear foot tapping from the loft- my friends can hear it to.

Rain
03-04-11, 12:47
My guess is that the noises in from the boiler radiator and pipes in the loft are all being caused by air in your heating system. Just get someone to bleed the radiators. It only takes 10 minutes and the noises will stop.

Em.ma
03-04-11, 18:06
Thanks. what does bleeding the Radiotors mean?:S

Em.ma
04-04-11, 02:55
It's three in the morning n I Cant sleep. I keep hearing the snaps and cracks were the crack in wall is. I just know the walls not safe and I'm scared one night it will collaspe and kill me

James23
04-04-11, 19:12
those noises are all perfectly normal, just remember those walls will be standing for a long long time, its probably just a crack in the plaster, things like that look worse than they are usually. You should hear the noise my tv makes when its cooling down, i always think its going to explode, but it never does =D

Em.ma
04-04-11, 19:31
Thank you :D. I get very worried when i hear all these noises.