PDA

View Full Version : im sorry for posting again but i cant cope anymore

scaredstiff695
17-03-11, 22:49
i cant do any of this anymore i dont no how to help myself or make it stop anymore.

i constantly feel like i cant breath even though i can i go all stiff and cant move, what do i do please some one help

ive tried breathing in and out for 4 and i end up feeling the lump even more and needing to take the breath again

am i breathing ok

what do i do.

i cant remember ever being this bad as it is at the moment. i used to be able to force myself to sleep but now when i lay down its worse. im so tired
wish i could sa f it i feel like i want to die so what if you do
but that doesnt take away feeling

Idstain
17-03-11, 23:41
Hi I am sorry you are feeling to bad right now :(

I know exactly the feeling you are describing and just remember that it will pass! I used to go for walks when I was really bad, good to get some fresh air and calm yourself down.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll feel better soon x

paula lynne
17-03-11, 23:58
Hi, you know that breathing is automatic. You have no choice, you WILL breathe. I know its scary, but you must try and relax. Try and re-breathe into a paper bag, or cover your nose and mouth with your hands to calm down, whilst sitting by a window with cool air blowing on you. There are a few threads here about "air hunger", maybe use the search facility?

scaredstiff695
18-03-11, 09:04
thank you,
going to get a paper bag today in advance didnt have one in,
will defo look up air hunger today thank you calmer now x

Bravedart
18-03-11, 09:13
Hi Scared

I'm sure you know this however a big part of this issue is the thinking that goes into it. I know its very difficult as I've been through it however for me it was also very important to distract my thoughts from the issue if that makes sense. Along with the breathing etc it helped a lot, it didny however when I sat and thought about it all the time. :D

scaredstiff695
18-03-11, 09:33
bravedart
ou hit the nail on the head with me, i no its the thoughts and if i get it like today im able to say shut up get a grip your fine then evening strikes or BORDEOM and i struggle think i just need to realise that i would be dead by now lol and just carry on.
i did fall to sleep early last night bene having little sleep and if i dont get enough sleep then my anxiety heightnens xx
thank u

Bravedart
18-03-11, 10:14
No probs, you take care and if you need to chat pm me and ill respond as soon as i can. I know this is a pain in the ....... however you'll get through :yesyes:

scaredstiff695
18-03-11, 11:32
thank you so much
just gotta keep the thought its wont harm me and its just a symptom xx

hickman
18-03-11, 13:44
Hi, sorry to hear you're having a bad time at the moment. I too have same symptoms as you. I constantly feel like I cant breathe, I describe it as being really uptight & cant take a deep breathe in. I keep trying to yawn as this helps for a few minutes but sometimes its with me all day. I too cant stop thinking about it because its very distressing & uncomfortable. Are you on any meds? I'm on Setraline & have been for last 9 days but they too heighten your anxiety when first on them so I havent felt better yet, in fact, feel worse but apparently after reading lots of posts on here, first couple of weeks are hard but side effects usually settle down, I hope so! I tried breathing into a paper bag but didnt work for me. How did you get on with it. Keep me posted. Hope you'll have a better day today, Susie:bighug1:

Froggy
18-03-11, 14:15
Do'nt be sorry to post again. I'll tell you how I cope with this now. I breathe with my abdomen. When I feel that I'm going to smother, I take a deep breathe and then stop breathing for 30sec. Then I let the air come out slowly. It's not easy to do the first times, but you have to train yourself. You have to be conscious than nothing will happen to you. It's as if you would have finished a marathon.
I'm just confused, I can't explain how I see the thing.
I hope this message will help though.

slimjim
18-03-11, 20:35
i have felt all the symptoms you have described over the 18 yrs i have suffered i think im now just around the corner from full recovery i belive in a lot of spiritual influence has helped me in my recovery but i think the most important thing ive found was my inner voice born from each experience i went through it will get stronger each time you go through it you must accept the symptoms are there and will be for some time yet then you must face your fears dont run from them face them head on like if you are scared to go down a road or somethink like this then try to walk down the road no matter how scared you are if you turn and run the it will only get worse tell it to do its worse when you feel theses things and i bet you you cant get it to feel any worse than it is sometimes when i get thoughts in my head i say they are only thought s rthey are not real just somthink trying to bluff me thus removing the fear on fear cycle then wen i relax a little i picture that thought then i put it in a box in my mind and throw it away burn it drop it from a plane whatever makes you feel better theses are some of the things that have helped me they might not be for everyone but if they help just one person then that will do fpr me if anyone else is in need of support dont hesitae to pm me roy

hickman
19-03-11, 10:20
Do'nt be sorry to post again. I'll tell you how I cope with this now. I breathe with my abdomen. When I feel that I'm going to smother, I take a deep breathe and then stop breathing for 30sec. Then I let the air come out slowly. It's not easy to do the first times, but you have to train yourself. You have to be conscious than nothing will happen to you. It's as if you would have finished a marathon.
I'm just confused, I can't explain how I see the thing.
I hope this message will help though.

Thanks for the tip froggy I will practise that. I find it my worst anxiety symptom. What meds are you on? Susie:)