PDA

View Full Version : Is this Panic/Anxiety?

Bambi
18-03-11, 07:37
This hasn't happened to me for a while but It started again last night

Every time I nodded off my heart started racing, this hasn't happened for ages but it really makes me panic when it starts, all I can describe it feels like is when something unexpected makes you jump and you feel like your heart is in your mouth.
Every time i nodded off I got this 'jumpy' feeling my heart started pounding and i felt worse about trying to get to sleep. I have tinnitus and i think it was the loud noises cracking sounds i hear that were making me feel jumpy. It doesn't help that i then feel panicky when this happens though and start worrying about my heart.

I had an ECG a month or so ago unrelated to this matter and that was normal.

This happening really worries me though. ]

Does it sound anxiety related?

Bravedart
18-03-11, 08:40
Hi Bambi

What you describe is related to anxiety. The falling asleep and being jumpy is normal and is related to your brain preparing for sleep. The reaction that we get ie racing heart etc is a reaction to this sensation because your senses are super sensitive. Try and relax let the jumpy feeling come and go and it'll pass because you're mind will be less aware of it if it feels it does not have to fight it.

Hope this makes sense, I have this to.

Tc :D

Bambi
18-03-11, 10:31
Thank you for your reply.

It really is a horrible feeling and i do try to relax and let it pass. Last night i must have been laid for about an hour while this was happening. Strangely though my little boy woke up and when i went back to bed i got straight off to sleep.

Bravedart
18-03-11, 13:29
Hi Bambi

Thinking about things does make it worse. Maybe your mind was focused on your child instead of the feelings at that point, hence how you could get back to sleep.

:winks: