PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe it...!

EebyJeeby
06-04-06, 17:30
My PAs started last Sept and I have suffered from acute anxiety/depression for the last 6 months. It has always been accompanied by that horrible knotted feeling in my stomach - all day, every day. Like butterflies but much, much worse. Dreading the next panic attack I suppose. I am having some counselling and am still not actually taking the anti-depressants I have been prescribed (Citalopram).

Well.....I am now on my 5th day free of that knotted stomach feeling! I can't quite believe it! It seemed like it would never end.

Since being off work, it has given me the time to address all sorts of things in my life, mainly to do with what I want to do and where I want to be. Work has been surprisingly supportive and I am now in a grievance procedure there (they have to answer to some issues I have raised re stress at work), AND I am also moving house to a different area of the country shortly. However, I feel strangely relaxed about it all (instead of stressed, which perhaps would be more normal really).

I think it's to do with making positive changes and recognising what's good for me and what isn't. I still have a way to go, but I feel very encouraged by this.

I'd like to think that when we're all better, the coping techniques we have learnt from all this will make us cooler and more laid back than everyone else![8D]

Eeb x

Karen
06-04-06, 18:06
Great news Eeb. Glad you are feeling so much better and good luck with the house move.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Southern_Belle
06-04-06, 18:17
Eeb,

It is so nice to hear good news! I hope your moves goes smoothly. Good Luck!

Bel

Keitharcher
07-04-06, 20:08
Eb

Great news am so pleased for you, the formulae you used is similar to one i used, the results are fantastic arent they especailly when you can get yoursaelf and the world into perpescpective

Keith

nomorepanic
08-04-06, 16:49
Eeb

Great news and lovely to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Nicola

EebyJeeby
08-04-06, 17:59
Thanks Karen, Bel, Keith & Nic for the encouragement! It's nice to celebrate each little step forward isn't it.

Eeb x

feege
09-04-06, 09:06
Hi Eebs
WOOHOO!

That is just absolutely fantastic! I am trying to do the same sort of things and am seeing some improvement despite the huge stress I am under and the fact that I have suffered for best part of 20 years...

You are definitely on the right track, and for a lot of us avoiding issues underlies our anxiety. I agree with you, we are forced to learn skills that everyone could use - however I think we are already cooler than most people [8D][8D][8D][8D]

Keep going from strength to strength hun!

Loads of love to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Coni
09-04-06, 17:24
Hi Eeb,

I've just read your post and it really inspired me. I know that knotted stomach feeling very well.
Good for you to have made such progress!

Coni X

Alexandra
09-04-06, 17:26
Hiya

Great to hear your news. Really pleased for you.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

EebyJeeby
12-04-06, 18:26
Fee, thanks very much for your fab reply!! We are pretty cool eh! Hope things are improving for you too.

Coni, I'm so glad that it helped. It's such an all-consuming feeling, it's just amazing when it does go away at last.

Alex, thanks very much for the support.

Now I'm off to pack some more boxes for the big move!!

Eeb x

pips
13-04-06, 16:10
I'm so pleased things are going well for you hun. Well Done. I to am moving soon trying to de-clutter at the moment not easy though!

Good luck with it all.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X