PDA

View Full Version : Scared by light headed feeling

Mondie
18-03-11, 11:38
For the last week I have been having a strane light headed feeling. It comes and goes and when it happens it feels like a whoosh in my head, a wave of dizziness comes over me and then it fades after a few minutes. I work in a supermarket and I keep thinking that I am going to pass out whilst working at the checkouts, it's so scary. I also have been getting numb, tingly patches on my face, arms, legs and my left foot has pins and needles on and off. My restless leg syndrome is through the roof, it happens more than it ever has and that is stressing me out. What if it is MS or something else nasty? When I try and pick up something like my mobile phone or a pen then sometimes I drop it, I just feel clumsy, dizzy and scared...anyone else suffer with this?

kah
18-03-11, 11:48
Hi,

I am just the same. I feel dizzy all the time, feel like I'm swaying when in fact I'm standing or sitting still. I also have an awful ringing in my right ear too and a pretty much constant headache.
I have noticed I've been really clumsy lately too but more worrying is when I go to open a cupboard or door I quite often miss the handle and sometimes when driving I miss the gearstick.
My hands feel strange, not numb and not pins & needles, almost like I'm too aware of them. My left foot is the same and the sole of that foot feels funny.
I've been to see my GP and he did the usual reflex tests and said he thinks it's just anxiety. I'm leaving it for a while to see if it settles down but will go back if the symptoms persist.

You most definately are not alone, PM me if you'd like to chat.

K xx

sandy40
18-03-11, 12:10
Im a crying wreck today and yesterday..i need to go to my GP but im scared he'll do bloods etc...my back is so sore..bottom right side today,right buttock and a really sore stiff neck?? my legs tingle and the soles of my feet are sore and my knees crunch and are sore...im a blooming wreck thinking its "you know what"...i kneel alot during the day..sit on floor on the laptop plus i sleep with my little boy, hes 7 and hes in the double bed with me and my hubby is in the spare room..dont ask!! i know its wrong but its always been that way..my son rolls over to my side and is pushing onto my back most nights when i wake during the night..i roll him back over but he just rolls back into me..could this be whats causing my back/legs problem..oh im such a wreck today..x

kah
18-03-11, 12:49
Im a crying wreck today and yesterday..i need to go to my GP but im scared he'll do bloods etc...my back is so sore..bottom right side today,right buttock and a really sore stiff neck?? my legs tingle and the soles of my feet are sore and my knees crunch and are sore...im a blooming wreck thinking its "you know what"...i kneel alot during the day..sit on floor on the laptop plus i sleep with my little boy, hes 7 and hes in the double bed with me and my hubby is in the spare room..dont ask!! i know its wrong but its always been that way..my son rolls over to my side and is pushing onto my back most nights when i wake during the night..i roll him back over but he just rolls back into me..could this be whats causing my back/legs problem..oh im such a wreck today..x

Hey Sandra,
I was wondering how you were hun. If I sit for too long on the floor I get the most awful backache, maybe that is the cause and also if you are kneeling a lot, I'm not suprised your knees crunch!
I read a lot about 'you know what' when I was a serial googler but never read anything to suggest your symptoms could be 'that'.
I know you're scared about going to the docs but it really will put your mind at rest, you can't keep going on as you are. Is there a friend or maybe your other half that could go with you???

K xx

Richiebrum
18-03-11, 12:54
Hi Mondie,
If you went to your GP he'd tell you it was more than likely stress related. I also get bouts of light headidness and maybe its because we rush about too much and over breathe? You should try to relax more and do some deep breathing exercises? Obviously the symptoms you're experiencing can be frightening and this only heightens your anxiety. Try not to focus so much on your symptoms, find something to take your mind off it and in a couple of days you'll not even notice them.
As for dropping your phone and pen and being clumsy i'm married to somebody just like that and theres nothing wrong with her she's just 100mph!
Take Care
Rich

sandy40
18-03-11, 13:02
Hi K im a blooming mess,cried all day yesterday and today im kneeling again in front off the damn laptop,while watching daytime tv and "you know what" gets mentioned all the time..i was taking Sam to school on wed and a van with Ovarian Cancer wrote on it passed me by..i thought oh no...then when i was getting Sam at 3pm the same van passed me again!!! i think its a sign...i will need to go to my GPs but the thought of bloods getting taken is scaring me..i want to be pain free and be me again.You are happier i feel after youve been to the doctors this week,good for you,keep it up.xx

kah
18-03-11, 13:10
Hi K im a blooming mess,cried all day yesterday and today im kneeling again in front off the damn laptop,while watching daytime tv and "you know what" gets mentioned all the time..i was taking Sam to school on wed and a van with Ovarian Cancer wrote on it passed me by..i thought oh no...then when i was getting Sam at 3pm the same van passed me again!!! i think its a sign...i will need to go to my GPs but the thought of bloods getting taken is scaring me..i want to be pain free and be me again.You are happier i feel after youve been to the doctors this week,good for you,keep it up.xx

I do that all the time, see an advert in a magazine or something on the TV and think it's a sign or someone up above trying to warn me!! The problem is that everywhere you look there's something about 'you know what' and when you have HA we notice everything.
I do feel a bit happier, still have all the same symptoms but I'm doing my best to put them to the back of my mind, it's not easy I must admit!!
Please, please book a GP appt. I know you are scared but you need to get some peace of mind. I'm 100% sure you are fine but then that's easy for me to say :unsure: Wish I lived close by, I'd come with you for moral support xxxx