PDA

View Full Version : Going to the dentist soon :( :(

SHYGIRLAJB
18-03-11, 14:40
Hi Everyone

Not feeling too good today, the anxiety is sky high I think. Feeling so sick its unreal. Going to the dentist in 1hr 1/2 really nervous about the whole thing. Having trouble with my wisdom tooth, there is not enough room, so its like half in the gum and half not, or something. It is really hurting. Hence going to the dentist.

The dentist, is like a newish dentist as the old one left, seen him once before and hmm didn't know what to think really. Last time I saw him, it was for a check up and that. Well got there he looked in my mouth etc tried to take an xray, well I tried to do what he told me but couldn't manage to do it. He said oh don't worry about that. Looked again, and said oh nothing needs to be done to your teeth, they are fine. See you in 6 months kind of thing. I thought hello,don't you normally polish and do stuff and that. I paid my £17 and thought what did I pay for(I know it was for his time etc) hmm.

To be honest im scared if they say like oh this tooth has to come out. I am a big wimp with pain and things. Do you have to stay still for a long time? I am not sure if I like someone in your face for a long time, I like my space. hmm. Sorry for the rambles and whinging.

Anita.

shoegal
18-03-11, 15:47
Hi. I have dental phobia so I know how you feel. Tell the dentist you are anxious before they start doing anything as that usually makes them give you plenty of reassurance which always helps. I think they only do a scale and polish if you need one so perhaps you didn't need one last time? Anyway, the appointment won't last long and you can try distracting yourself by looking at marks/pictures on the ceiling, counting or whatever you think might help. I don't think you will be in the chair for very long. Good luck, and let us know how you get on. :flowers:

SHYGIRLAJB
18-03-11, 17:15
Hi

Thanks for replying to my post. Well that was one of the quickest appointments I have had, he basically looked into my mouth and looked at the problem tooth. He said on its infected you need antibiotics. He also mentioned something to do with, they don't like to take the tooth out unless it is causing really problems. If you have this kind of thing like 3 or 4 times a year and would have to refer me.

I have been feeling sick the past week perhaps its the infected tooth, who knows. I just hope the antibiotics gets rid of the infection.

Anita.