PDA

View Full Version : Me again..sorry.

sandy40
19-03-11, 08:33
Right,here i go again but im worried,do you think my pains are because ive damaged nerves with my posture..for months ive been kneeling on the floor on my laptop...i sit my laptop on my coffee table which is quite low and i sit on my hunkers or kneel with my body twisted..like my legs are facing one way and my top half the other..i have been sitting like this for hours a day for months,could this be whats wrong??? ive sore today but today its my left leg,it had shooting pains,my hubby says no wonder,he thinks ive damaged my nerves over months of sitting on the floor with knee bent..is he right?? :shrug:x

kah
19-03-11, 08:44
Hi,
Why don't you try not sitting on the floor and see if it eases up? Bad posture can cause all sorts of problems so I wouldn't be suprised if that's whats causing your pain.

Hope you have a better day hun

K xxx

Greenman50
19-03-11, 09:05
Right,here i go again but im worried,do you think my pains are because ive damaged nerves with my posture..for months ive been kneeling on the floor on my laptop...i sit my laptop on my coffee table which is quite low and i sit on my hunkers or kneel with my body twisted..like my legs are facing one way and my top half the other..i have been sitting like this for hours a day for months,could this be whats wrong??? ive sore today but today its my left leg,it had shooting pains,my hubby says no wonder,he thinks ive damaged my nerves over months of sitting on the floor with knee bent..is he right?? :shrug:x

Yes your hubby and Dr are both right .
What i do which works ....i tell myself i won,t worry untill Monday ....theres no point so i enjoy the weekend and tell myself ill think about things on monday . Its hard but it does work .

x

sandy40
19-03-11, 09:20
Well hes banned me from the laptop unless in on the sofa with my legs stretched out infront of me resting on the coffee table...will see if this helps...he says ive been doing it for so long my nerves are bound to be damaged,last night he sat like i do and couldnt do it for a 5 mins,he was feeling pins/needles in his feet,i get that when i get up from kneeling,some days ive sat that long that when i get up my whole leg is numb:ohmy: x

sandy40
19-03-11, 11:14
ive just googled..i know i shouldnt but it said a tumour in the back presents with pain and also pain that goes down the legs..my god thats what ive got

kah
19-03-11, 11:26
You haven't got a tumour hun, u said yourself that your hubby couldn't sit in that position 4 more than a few minutes, it stands to reason that you'll get leg & back pain sitting liKe it for hours each day! What's more likely, a tumour or pain from bad posture????
Make sure you do as hubby says and rest those poor legs!!! Bet you'll notice a difference in no time.
Big hugs hun
K xxx

sandy40
19-03-11, 11:31
I cant keep it together ive fallen to pieces,my pains are still there, is it too soon to notice a difference,my feet are cold is that a tumour or have i damaged my circulation???

menomum
19-03-11, 11:50
Hi there haven't posted for quite some time but am always lurking in the background! But seeing how upset you are sandy thought I must tell you about my experience with bad posture. For over a year I had a pain under my left rib cage, if i bent down i could feel it, when i laid in bed i could feel it, and beeing a sufferer of HA it was on my mind constantly and I was convinced i had a tumour in my stomach that was pushing on my rib cage. Any way finally plucked up courage to see DR who sent me for x rays, thought this is it they'll find something and it will be to late etc etc, x rays came back clear DR said it was probably sychosimatic (excuse spelling). Sometime after husband said why don't you go and see an osteopath you never know she might be able to help you, so I did. Well as soon as she looked at my back she said my posture was so bad and I was leaning completely to one side, over the course of 5 sessions she manipulated my hip joints amongst other things and guess what I've never had that pain under the ribs since. Could you get to see an osteopath at all coz I really think they could help you. Please try not to worry to much. Take care.

sandy40
19-03-11, 11:59
Hi Menomum,thank you for your reply,do you think its posture thats causing all my pains?? My knee joints are loose,and you can here them crunch when i go upstairs and the pains are worrying me into a sheer panic..if id wine in the fridge it would be down my neck by now..and its only about noon..ive no diazepam to take and im losing it completely..my hips are aching too and ive my right upper rib area is sore..oh hell..i did go for a back/shoulder massage a few weeks ago,the girl doing it never said anything to me but my friend went the following week and she got the same girl and she told my friend that my back was solid with stress!! im now worried its solid with a tumour..x

menomum
19-03-11, 12:09
Hi Sandy yeah i really do think your posture is the problem, is there anyway you could visit an osteopath coz they will know just by looking at you standing up straight in front of them, they look at your spine and you'd be surprised how many things on your body can hurt from just having bad posture. Although the back/shoulder massage thing is relaxing its not in the same league as an osteopath because they know about the whole skeleton and know how to manipulate the bones to get them in the correct position. I understand exactly where you're coming from re. diazapam and wine sometimes you just need something to get your mind of that terrible track to give yourself a break.

Greenman50
19-03-11, 12:41
ive just googled..i know i shouldnt but it said a tumour in the back presents with pain and also pain that goes down the legs..my god thats what ive got

So does a general bad back , trapped nerve etc ..

Millions and millions of people have bad back , leg pain etc ..

Google as you no only brings up what you don,t want to hear . You could type in pain in little finger and you would get you no what comeing up .