PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

yreffej
19-03-11, 10:59
Hi Everyone, this is my first post! I suffer from General Anxiety, Health Anxiety and Depression (I'm not trying for a bingo, but think I'm close!). My GP has prescribed LOTS of different meds over the last year, but unfortunately I have not been taking them due to side effects aggravating my Health Anxiety. For example, I was on Citilopram a while back and because they made me feel sick, it triggered off more panic attacks. Or, I'll get so worried about side effects, I'll start panicking and not take the meds at all! Recently my GP has prescribed Fluaxnol (flupentixol) 0.5mg and I was wondering if anyone else had been on these and could tell me if they work. My GP has said that other patients have reported no side effects whatsoever and that they are really effective for Anxiety, but I can't bring myself to try them as I'm far too scared about getting sick from them!
Sorry if this seems like rambling, and I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

chasinghappiness
19-03-11, 11:54
i have tried those ones, they gave me dizziness really bad tbh, not to say they will you too, may just of been me.

Buspirone is what i take now, no side effects really apart from sleepiness when you first start on them

YZF
20-03-11, 18:28
I know it's really hard, because I feel the same about my new med. I took cit before went through hell but it worked in the end. This time I couldn't cope with it sent anxiety through the roof and been put sertaline. I'm supposed to double the dose but too scared to because of cit side affects. I guess we have to trust that what we take will make us better in the end and sometimes the road is a little bumpy on the way. I don't know if it helps but I totally understand and really hope you get well soon.