PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again !!!

LittleMissPanicky
19-03-11, 12:50
Hi I haven't been on here for a while as I had been feeling so much better, but here I am again because of this bloody health anxiety !! Sorry this might be a bit of a ramble but need to vent somewhere as I am trying to be strong around everyone at home !!
I had a scare earlier on this week and am now trying not to convince myself that i have bowel cancer !!!
I went to my doctor who sent a sample away due to fact that i may have a tummy bug and because I work in a supermarket it's an enviromental health issue, so of course i am now expecting the worse !!!
How can i go from being perfectly happy in my life , apart from the usual worries to being a wreck so quickly, I am desperately trying not to give in to it this time but it is so hard and the days seem so long as i'm waking early !!
I have been having cbt but my therapist couldn't really help with the health anxiety as i wasn't suffering from it at the time, now it has reared its ugly head and my next appointment isn't till April 4th.
Does anybody know of any good self help tips ? I am trying to keep busy, but it is so hard, but I am refusing to give in to this again for my sanity and my husbands !!! ( who dosn't know how i'm feeling at the mo !!)
I gave up smoking for 7 weeks and now i'm back on them again and i'm sure they make anxiety worse !
Sorry for the ramble everyone , but needed to hear a bit of reassurance xxx:weep:

seekingpeace
19-03-11, 13:58
Stopping smoking can always trigger anxiety because of withdrawal. The sympathetic nervous system(S.N.S.) is what causes your feelings and anxiety and panic and we need to keep that system to help us function in real emergencies.

Knowing that your (S.N.S.) is being tricked and oversensitive will help. There is no bear, lion, (CANCER). You have been there before and beat it and it will pass again. CBT is great. EFT is good too. Writing your feelings down on paper helps. Look at the Pros and Cons of what you are feeling. There is a thread on therapies. Search that and see if you can get some helpful tips from there as well.

I used to work in a grocery store a long time ago. My husband said I would talk in my sleep to cutomers and say prices of items and codes on produce (LOL!!!) Keep your GermX lotion handy or wear those plastic gloves. I see lots of gloves being worn these days.

Good luck! Keep posting:-)

sued
19-03-11, 17:53
smoking does make things worse so well done for stopping and try again. am sure the stomach pains are nothing to worry about. i get them and a whole host of other symptoms when i am extremely anxious. there are some good cbt courses on line for free which i am using myself as NHS waiting list is sooooo long so i would recommend that for a back up until you see your therapist.
positive thoughts :)
www.livinglifetothe full.com

LittleMissPanicky
19-03-11, 17:56
Which online course are you doing ? xx

seekingpeace
19-03-11, 22:15
:yesyes:Sued,

I knew there was a reason I liked bananas!!! I even recommended that to someone who was having stomach shakes. Thanks for sharing the link to that website for free CBT stuff! www.livinglifetothefull.com (http://www.livinglifetothefull.com). I hope others will benefit as well.