PDA

View Full Version : Update

JulieJay92
19-03-11, 18:58
Well i paid the Dr €25 but i never got anywhere with the language barrier

He did my BP and it was 180/109 but he just shrugged and didnt prescribe me anything

I have resorted back to doing it twice a day

yesterday - 140/90 & 135/88
today 160/105 & 150/92

so ive no real idea what to do now - dont have any pains - just tired and light headed - ha anyone else any ideas

thanks in advance

macc noodle
20-03-11, 00:37
Honey, I think that the HA is just causing you to have fluctuating BP readings and you are continuing to feed it by keep taking it.

The lightheadedness is also anxiety related - you are overbreathing more than likely causing the sensation.

The great news is that you have no pain :D

All I can suggest is that you do need to consider the fact that these symptoms are anxiety related and whilst they are scary when you are suffering from them, they are not caused by a "real" physical problem that will do you any harm.

I know and fully understand that accepting this is HA and nothing more, is very very hard, especially when the symptoms seem so relentless and your mind constantly imagines the worst. But, believe me, I have been there (and most definitely got a whole wardrobe of the t-shirts!!!!!!!!!!) and once you can accept that, you are definitely on the road to recovery.

When I am at my worst, I really do need to find something to distract me - different things work for different people and it does depend on what symptoms you are suffering - sometimes I can lose myself in a book, sometimes my eyes are so bad I cannot concentrate to do that. Music or listening to the radio, however, is always a brilliant distraction for me - it requires nothing of you other than just to listen and you can do this whilst dancing round the room, lying on the sofa, cleaning the oven (you get the picture!)

One other thing that I used to do when I had chest pain, breathlessness etc, was to do something physical - working on the basis that if it was really a heart attack it would make it worse and if it wasn't then by not keeling over I was proving to myself that I was really ok and it was "only" my HA acting up!

You need to find something that works for you. But hun, the first step is that the BP measuring needs to stop.

:hugs:

Jan
xx

JulieJay92
20-03-11, 07:26
I have tried to go for a walk these last few days when i get the pains but nothing bad has happened so this has helped a bit, sometimes i do switch off and read a book or do crosswords so have just ordered new books from amazon this morning so fingers crossed it is onwards and upwards from here

Regarding the BP machine it gave me a little satisfaction when last night i did do it for 10 minutes and watched it drop = the relieff was immense so i will do my best to not do it when really bad - twice a day in morning and before bed as it seems to be levelling itself out then

suzy-sue
25-03-11, 16:04
:nicked::spam::glare:

LucyR
25-03-11, 16:09
Your site has a very poor reputation on the WOT Web Of Trust.

suzy-sue
25-03-11, 16:17
:roflmao:Now thats a surprise ...:wacko: pfffft :emot-wave:

ElizabethJane
25-03-11, 16:22
i have already reported the p....ker. Looks as if he has been busy

suzy-sue
25-03-11, 16:31
ME TOO EJ ....:roflmao: PL*NKER :roflmao:

LucyR
25-03-11, 22:34
:roflmao:Now thats a surprise ...:wacko: pfffft :emot-wave:

Thanks for that!! I am not wacko!!

suzy-sue
26-03-11, 00:04
Was reffering to not being suprised the Spammer was advertising dodgy site Lucy ( sarcastically ) ..Not you being wacko ..It was meant to be a joke .Didnt intend to upset you or anyone else . sue x