PDA

View Full Version : scared a little

tricia56
19-03-11, 19:32
hi dont know if this is the right place to post but just need to talk to some one. my mum died at the age of 55 with breast cancer which was nearly 20 yrs ago and ever since ive always been frieghtened id go the same way and at the age she died and im 55 the end of the mnth. And its been playing on my mind for a few weeks now i do suffer withsever anxiety and HA which dont help , but on thursdat i went to see my gp because one of my breasts was feeling tender and i thought i felt a lump.my gp checked my breasts and said she couldnt find any thing so i felt relieved .BUT yesterday i got a phone call from the gp surgery to tell me that my gp has referred me for a mamogram just for a second opinion which i go for on the 29th and now i cant stop worrieng and keep thinking this is history repeating its self and i dont know weather its all just my anxiety making me feel like this and so scared now

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

AllInMyHead
19-03-11, 20:10
Hi Tricia,

Please try not to worry, although I know that's difficult. The GP said she couldn't find anything, so that's great news for you.

I expect you've been referred because she just wanted to make sure.

I had a similar thing a few years ago. I didn't feel any lump, but I had a lot of tenderness in one of my breasts. The GP had a feel and thought everything was fine. She referred me for an ultrasound scan anyway, just to make sure. I went for the scan, and was told then and there that there were no problems.

Look at it this way, at least when you've had the mamogram you'll know for sure, and you won't be worrying that the GP got it wrong :).

Good luck with the tests, I'm sure it will all be fine :hugs: