PDA

View Full Version : itchy palms

Lizziesaurus
19-03-11, 22:45
Now granted I have itchy skin for one reason or another but sometimes (like now) I get uber itchy palms of my hands :shrug: it happens alot at night as well and it'll wake me up.
It's a really burny itchy feeling, it's horrible :weep:
I've not used anything on my hands, it just seems to start and stop again for no reason?

Anyone got any ideas?

suzy-sue
19-03-11, 23:23
It can be caused by stress and anxiety .Also allergies ,medication ,Vitamin b deficiancy ,Thyroid probs .Excema and contact dermatitis .You could try a non drowsy antihistamine or /and some cortisone cream .Take a vit B complex its good for your nerves so wont hurt anyway .Avoid perfumed soaps and wait and see if it clears up .If not see your Dr Lizzie .Try not to keep scratching as it makes it worse .GD lUCK sue x

Lizziesaurus
20-03-11, 12:04
Antihistamines don't seem to work anymore, can they ware off like you know if you take antibiotics too much? The cortisone cream I have doesn't seem to make a difference. Maybe it is stress or anxiety, but it happens so randomly I'm not sure. There isn't a rash or anything, it's weird!

suzy-sue
20-03-11, 12:12
If the Antihistamines dont work Its probably your nerves .Stress and anxiety does it to me .You had a pretty stressful week so hopefully will have a better one ,and it will clear up .The vit Bcomplex really helps with Stress and Anxiety so is deffinately worth taking Lizzie .sue x

Lizziesaurus
20-03-11, 13:09
I tried taking just normal vitb ones but I kept forgetting to take them, I now take the bassets chewy vitb ones. I'm still young at heart that I like chewy sweet type things :D