PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy Experiences..Does it work?

Oceana9518
20-03-11, 10:44
I have suffered with anxiety since I was 16. I dont know what triggered it but I believe its hereditry and my dad has it. I am now 23. I spent several years on citalopram and have been medication free for over a year now. I get good days and bad days like everyone. But recently my anxiety has reared its ugly head. I cant go to the cinema with my boyfriend ( been with him 7 years and hes very supportive ) I avoid being invited round to his parents house for dinner , I can go out and have dinner with him but i usually have some form of anxiety before hand and eventually settle in. I love my partner very much but I am starting to feel that he would be better off with someone who could do all the amazing things that he likes to do without fear of being sick or passing out in public. ( No its never happened ) so now im thinking hypnotherapy ... ive tried cbt but persoanlly found it a waste of time. I appreciate hypnotherapy is expensive but I would pay thousands if it meant being free of this mind F***** issue. I am angry , i get upset and even think whats the point sometimes as im sure some of you do.

What I want to know is has anyone tried hypnotherapy and has it worked/cured/reduced symptoms? I am also thinking of starting up exercising again but anxiety sometimes prevents me from going to the gym and even when i do i can only stay for so long. ( Not long enough) :hugs: The irony is is that im a recruitment consultant so my job involves meetings with clients etc which are usually not an issue. But now its starting to creep in that aspect of my life but im more concerned about the effect its starting to have on my relationship x

Your feedback/ thoughts are greatly appreciated <3

theogeorgio
11-05-11, 10:33
Hi Emma, in brief hypnotherapy can help you. There are so many people who have been helped already and i have helped as well. Anxiety is sort of heredity.. for example if my parents were screaming their heads off when they saw a spider as a kid i would have thought that it is the most dangerous thing in the world hence develop a fear.

i often see clients who saw a massive improvement if not cured..Maybe you can find some answers on my website <link removed by admin>
If you have any questions let me know.