PDA

View Full Version : sertraline headaches

Lizzyg
20-03-11, 11:43
I am 5 weeks into taking sertraline ws feeling so much better but the past week I have had constant really bad headaches.
It is so frustrating because the anxiety and depression has improved so much but cannot stand being in constant pain in my head. No painkiller will shift it.
Has anyone else experienced this, will it subside like the other side effects or is this it??
Help please :unsure:

Tyke
20-03-11, 16:46
Hi Lizzy
I think the Sertraline will still be increasing in your body, so hopefully once it has reached its limit it will settle down. I keep thinking I am over certain side effects, then I get a bad night or a bout of diahroea or total loss of appetite and realise I haven't quite got there yet. I suppose it is really down to how much you can put up with the headaches until they hopefully wear off. Isn't Sertraline supposed to reach a peak after around 8 weeks? Have you spoken to your doctor about it? I would see what your health professional thinks as they will probably have come across this before and will be able to give good advice.
Best wishes
Tyke

Lizzyg
20-03-11, 20:54
Hi Tyke

Spoke to my doctor and she tells me I must give it a bit more time and she is confident it will right itself. Headache not so bad this morning but the nausea and tremors have come back today!
Thanks for your post its just nice to hear someone else say they also get blips and that what I am experiencing is normal for someone starting on anitdepressents.
Come this far so will not give up now. I keep having to reminding myself what I was like 6 weeks and could not function at all and I am now so scared of going to that dark place I was in :weep:
How are you doing?? :hugs:

Tyke
21-03-11, 11:38
Hi Lizzy
Just been reading your posts and sorry to hear how much you are suffering at the moment. I hope it settles down soon for you. I am still the same - occasional side effects, but no positive effect from the Sertraline yet. I've just read a post that says you should really give them SIX MONTHS before you can decide if they have worked or not! Thankfully I have not had any headaches but have had many other side effects, the worst being loss of appetite stomach problems/diahroea and insomnia. Not pleasant, but bearable.
Once again, hope things get better soon for you Lizzy.
Tyke