PDA

View Full Version : Lustral

YZF
20-03-11, 17:02
Hi all, after a bit of reassurance. I'm on week 2 of lustral 50mg after 8 weeks of hell on cit. Does anyone know how long lustral takes to work, I'm not suffering as bad as on the cit but shadow of anxiety is still with me. Doc said to increase to 100mg after a week but I'm scared stiff too as when I increased on cit my anxieity went through roof. Am I doing the right thing staying on 50mg? Would the same thing happen as cit if I jumped to 100mg. Any words of wisdom would really help.

KK77
20-03-11, 22:32
I'm on 100mg sertraline. Started off on 50mg and increased very gradually. It did take a few months for me to feel the full benefits but people tend to react differently, so it's hard to pinpoint an exact timescale. You just have to be patient I'm afraid and give it a chance to work.

I didn't notice much difference when I increased but, again, that could be because I did it very slowly. I think doubling the dose after just a week is too quick, especially since you've reacted badly to citalopram. If after another couple of weeks or so you still don't see any improvement, then I would think of gradually increasing (you can buy pill cutters in pharmacies). I would try ~60-75mg, increasing after a few weeks to 100mg.

I know how frustrating it is when you just want some semblance of normality in your life but I've learned the hard way that these things unfortunately do sometimes take time.

YZF
21-03-11, 06:14
Hi MM, Many thanks for your advice. It really helps to get others opinions when you feel like this as you question everything that would normally be easy decisions to arrive at. I glad to hear that it's worked for you, take care and thanks again.

YZF
21-03-11, 07:35
Just cut my 50mg in half and increased to 75mg. See how we go!

KK77
21-03-11, 20:17
Good luck YZF.

If you get any nasty side effects, just drop back down to 50mg for a week or so longer, then try again. But remember that these side effects gradually subside, leaving perhaps a few persistent but manageable ones.

YZF
21-03-11, 20:41
Thanks MM, your post really helps through these crazy times.