PDA

View Full Version : Think i accidently took to much citalopram:/

Freesolo
20-03-11, 17:35
hi, i had a very heavy drinking session last night and am feeling very foggy today....my alarm is always set for 9am to remind me to take my pill, but i dont remember my alarm going off and i took my 30mg dose at around 10am when i woke...

im starting to think that maybe it did go off and ive accidently took 60mg instead of my usual 30mg

ive been feeling very anxious tired and depressed all day from my hangover i think and just not myself...

i know im in no danger if i took 60mg by mistake but was wondering if maybe i should skip my dose tomorrow

has anyone ever done this before? im really worried that i might have messed up my progress because i have been doing really well recently

thanks

nomorepanic
20-03-11, 17:36
If you have taken too much today then you do still need to take the usual dose tomorrow as that will be 24 hours later.

suzy-sue
20-03-11, 19:54
Hope you are feeling ok now ? If you have taken double the dose you will be ok as 60mg is the highest dose .You would be feeling pretty drowsy and spaced out if you did .It wont harm you tho . Carry on as normal tommorow as Nic said . Sue

Freesolo
20-03-11, 20:16
thankyour for your replys

yes i have been feeling very spaced out tired and anxious today, but i usually feel like this when im hungover so cant tell the difference..

hopefully will feel better tomorrow after a good nights sleep :) j

just hope i havent messed up my progress by taking too much, will it take a few days for the levels in my system to get back to normal?

thanks for your concern

PoppyC
20-03-11, 20:27
Hi ~
I am now taking 60mg Citalopram, and this dose can make you feel very sleepy and a bit spacey.
I don't think taking too much for 1 day, will cause you any problems, just take your usual dose tomorrow.
I am sure you will be fine, if it was only for the day, that you double dosed, that is if you did.
I find that if I have had a bit too much drink, then I usually get very down and anxious for the following couple of days. Be careful with drinking too much with Citalopram as it can make you have the most awful hangovers, plus it can reduce the effects of the medication to an extent also.
All the best & hope you feel better soon!

scottishcantona
20-03-11, 20:32
all the advice is good, the only advice I would add is look at your drinking, your current state of health, medications you are taking and ask is it a good combination ? Citlaopram is useful but you also need to take on board what you can do for yourself. Its never easy and most of us have been there but most people in the end recognise that you have to make lifestyle adjustments to get really better. Take it easy and rest up and you should be right as rain soon.

stuboyz
22-03-11, 18:36
i was advised not too drink whilst on the tabs.

Freesolo
22-03-11, 20:32
i was advised not too drink whilst on the tabs.

Yes i totally agree with you, i have been having a few nights here and there drinking may 3/4 pints with my friends but on saturday i went completly stupid and basically drunk myself into oblivion, cant remember half the night.. wont be happening again

im just starting to feel myself come out of this hangover this evening never had this bad of a hangover before

ive really learned my lesson

NoPoet
22-03-11, 20:41
You can drink in moderation on citalopram, although I personally wouldn't do it. If you take too much cit you probably would feel spaced out and ill but you'll recover from it. :)

purplelove
22-03-11, 20:48
Can't you work it out from how many you have left?

Freesolo
22-03-11, 21:59
Can't you work it out from how many you have left?

i have stray packets in my medicine draw there was no way i could tell, the kent pharma ones dont have days of week on them either...